My Dive buddy is afraid of getting eaten by a Shark.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damsels should be at the top of the list of, pound per pound, meanest fish around! I have had them attack my mask, my camera, my lights, my dive buddy, Chase away fish 30 times their size. Talk about mean sob's, one of them grow to 6 feet and I will stop diving. Bill

Each year, the number of human bites in just New York City exceeds the worldwide combined total of shark bites. Last time I checked... exceeded by a lot.

I am scared to go to NYC.

Have your buddy read the Accidents and Incidents section, front to back. He/She will learn there are a lot of things to fear other than sharks.

Having dived with hundreds of sharks around the world (including great whites here off Catalina) over the last 50+ years, I have yet to see an aggressive situation. Perhaps they realize from a distance that I'm old and tough and not very tasty.

Have your buddy read the Accidents and Incidents section, front to back. He/She will learn there are a lot of things to fear other than sharks.

Of course, don't let him read the latest post in that section...

Explain to your buddy that he is going to die of something some time - nothing more certain. Most of the dying "options" will be slow and very unpleasant. Ending up as a sharks dinner (whilst doing something he likes) would be quite quick and less painful than many of the alternatives.
"Always look on the bright side" as the Monty Python song says

Each year, the number of human bites in just New York City exceeds the worldwide combined total of shark bites. Last time I checked... exceeded by a lot.

Agree. I have always told my friends here that it is a "good place to come from".

No please come....I have an aged Chianti I'm just dying to try......:daydream:

Agree. I have always told my friends here that it is a "good place to come from".
Don't say that - I'm going in a couple of weeks time for a nice holiday!
No please come....I have an aged Chianti I'm just dying to try......:daydream:
Got any fava beans?

Don't change the mind of your buddy. More elbow room for the rest of us...lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom