My Current Gear Opinions, what Dry Suit when its time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a brand new front zip Viking Extreme in your size (with attached latex hood) that's going to be posted in the classifieds section here sometime in the near future. :wink:
Read up on 'em at: Trelleborg Viking
I bought a vulcanized rubber Viking Pro 1000 (it is red and black so very Christmassy... :eyebrow:) and love it. Size number 3 for me and I am 6'2" and 190'. Excellent for diving in contaminated environments like sediment and fish poo. Hey I am Canadian... We do that around the salmon cages. :D If you ever get a hole in it (and I have 80 dives on mine with none yet) then you patch it like a inner tube.

Article on Different Materials and Construction of a Drysuit...

Asking for drysuit recommendations is opening a can of worms.
I use an Atlan neoprene suit, with latex seals. It serves well for the cold waters here in VA. I have not had any problems with my neck getting cold due to the latex seal, but there is a "warm collar" attached. I would like to go to the Viking Extreme sometime in the future, though.
Best thing is to try several types, at a Demo Day, and determine for your self. I wish that I had of done that.
Good luck in finding your suit -- don't rush it.
Have a Merry Christmas!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom