My Colon Scope Was a Piece of Cake - pass this along to anyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes Don, you share just way too much info!
In the words of Larry the cable guy, "Get er done!" it may save your life.

Wildcard:
Sometimes Don, you share just way too much info!
No kidding!! The very relevant message would have been just as worthy and probably even more likely to be read through and heeded without the graphic descriptions...

Butt hey, I guess some folks just feel the overwhelming urge to expose their experiences with heiny exposure, diarrhea, flatulance and machine up the butt details with the rest of us :rolleyes:

Snowbear:
No kidding!! The very relevant message would have been just as worthy and probably even more likely to be read through and heeded without the graphic descriptions...

Butt hey, I guess some folks just feel the overwhelming urge to expose their experiences with heiny exposure, diarrhea, flatulance and machine up the butt details with the rest of us :rolleyes:
In large font, no less. :icon10:

Having had the experience myself, all I have to offer is that it maybe unpleasant but I don't understand the uproar. Flushing your end to forestall the end isn't the end of the world.

Snowbear:

Sorry - tried to write a funny piece that might help someone else get it done sooner with less worry - my bad again, I guess.

preventative measures such as regular colonics will not only extend your life, but will improve your quality of life as well. evidence has shown that many diseases originate in the colon, due to a number of issues caused primarily from improper diet. the typical american diet is especially bad...

DandyDon & ronbeau, Thanks for sharing your experiences. Like you said, it's really not as bad as people think it will be, and with the sedation you won't even remember it anyways. Why should anyone be too embarrassed to do this one simple thing that can save your life? I agree with getting the full colonoscopy rather than the sigmoidoscopy (only halfway, no sedation, can't take out polyps) if you can. Just remember to follow the instructions on the diet and prep or we can't see very well. The nurses and I sometimes play the game of "What did this guy eat?" and I usually win (corn, plum, figs, kiwis among the funnier ones lately). By the way, "colonics" is not the same thing as colonoscopy, they're not usually recommended by medical professionals, and I hope that anyone who does them should have no objection to doing the prep for the colonoscopy--you can't get a better total cleanout than a gallon of Golytely!

Hey Don, good point.

I had it easy, just 2 glasses of stuff for my prep, Hold the nose and down the chute!

Divers should look forward to this. I watched the whole thing live on the colon cam and it was just like the movie Fantastic Voyage, no kidding, I was disappointed when it was done. Never saw Raquel in there though.... duno. I should have had them burn a DVD for me to take home.

Anyhow it's no big deal and the only good way to know what's going on in there.

Pete

So let me tell you in detail about my latest prostate exam! Dr big hairy knuckles......
Despite the somewhat too graphic details and maybe unessary guess what this person ate, ( yes, we all do it but somethings realy don't need to be made public knowlege), we all need this done. Breast, cervical, colon, prostate, BIG killers, get over it and get it done.......
Live long and dive longer!

slingshot:
So, errr, what IS going on in there?:wink:
They gave me some snapshots, but I don't think they want me to post them here. :blush: Hehe, could add a new album to my photo gallery.

Wildcard, I've come to value your posts - is much really being accomplished with prostate exams and cancer treatments? I've heard controversies.

I do have a friend who recently had a much worse outcome from his scope, and his PSA was 40! A really good ol' cowboy, hope me makes it.

Back
Top Bottom