My Colon Scope Was a Piece of Cake - pass this along to anyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fitting tagline for this topic, eh Wildcard?:wink:
BTW, if the prep's done right you normally don't see anything in there.

capybara:
it's really not as bad as people think it will be, and with the sedation you won't even remember it anyways.

I remember every moment of mine (at least those moments I remember)!

The Doc asked me something or other, and then said he was finished. It didn't take more than 2 or 3 seconds. :cool:

However I will say that the next time someone says "Would you like a wheelchair?", the correct response is "Sure!", not "No thanks, I'm OK". The floors apparently become very wobbley after being shot full of whatever "happy jiuce" he was using.

The whole deal is very anti-climactic, and about 1000 times less stressful than getting a tooth drilled.

Terry

DandyDon:
They gave me some snapshots, but I don't think they want me to post them here. :blush: Hehe, could add a new album to my photo gallery.

Wildcard, I've come to value your posts - is much really being accomplished with prostate exams and cancer treatments? I've heard controversies.

I do have a friend who recently had a much worse outcome from his scope, and his PSA was 40! A really good ol' cowboy, hope me makes it.
Ya kinda lost me here? Your pushing "butt" probes yet doubting the rest? Dude, its all good, if is saves one life. And the answer is YES, it is accomplishing lots of good....Iffn ya want to get medical here, i can....Been doing it since I was 14.....
You brought up a big topic, lets go with that! Eh?

DandyDon:
Oh yes, there was a lot of gas to pass, as they pump it in for better viewing I guess, but oh well. A minor thing. And that's about it. I'll do a better job with the liquid in 2009, or maybe they'll have better ways by them.

I thought that was the best part. Others disagreed.

Do you realize you may have thought you were out of it but you were able to converse thru the entire procedure? Just remember her as a cutie. She may have different memories!:11:

awap:

Do you realize you may have thought you were out of it but you were able to converse thru the entire procedure? Just remember her as a cutie. She may have different memories!:11:
The doctors were teeing up at the 19th hole one afternoon and the discussion rolled around to their respective patients. After each related how much he liked his job and how wonderful his patients were, they all looked at the proctologist and asked him about his patients. Curtly, he responded, "They're all bungholes, as far as I can see."

If you have an abdominal hernia, which has not yet been repaired. Please tell the gastorenterologist before the colonoscopy is scheduled. The inflation of the colon acts like an inner tube being forced out a tear in the tire. Even doped up, I hit the ceiling.

Skipp:
If you have an abdominal hernia, which has not yet been repaired. Please tell the gastorenterologist before the colonoscopy is scheduled. The inflation of the colon acts like an inner tube being forced out a tear in the tire. Even doped up, I hit the ceiling.
Oh ok - that's why he checked me for hernia on the initial visit. :thumb: I wondered about the connection...?

Originally Posted by Snowbear
No kidding!! The very relevant message would have been just as worthy and probably even more likely to be read through and heeded without the graphic descriptions...

Butt hey, I guess some folks just feel the overwhelming urge to expose their experiences with heiny exposure, diarrhea, flatulance and machine up the butt details with the rest of us

DandyDon:
Sorry - tried to write a funny piece that might help someone else get it done sooner with less worry - my bad again, I guess.
Again, sorry that I was too graphic even for the Medical forum, but I was hoping my detailed account might help another hesitant person who might want to know exactly what was in store.

Wildcard:
Ya kinda lost me here? Your pushing "butt" probes yet doubting the rest? Dude, its all good, if is saves one life. And the answer is YES, it is accomplishing lots of good....Iffn ya want to get medical here, i can....Been doing it since I was 14.....
You brought up a big topic, lets go with that! Eh?
I'll schedule the Urologist next and be less graphic with the report.

Originally Posted by DandyDon
Oh yes, there was a lot of gas to pass, as they pump it in for better viewing I guess, but oh well. A minor thing.
awap:

I told my lady dive buddy about the gas; she said "I though you said men enjoy that?" It's just not the same.

I don't know, they said I talked Scuba? My lady dive buddy said she could see it. :lol2:

Add me to the " been there Had that done recently" group.

As the others have said, ther procedure is not a big deal -I was "out" for mine. The night before( the cleansing" is a nuisance- 3 Ozs. here-better than the gallon.

If you are at "that age"-get it done- it can be a life saver.

on a silly (?)note, my doctor knows I am a diver, and he was kiddingme, saying
"If you think you'll be more comfortable, you can wear your dive mask......then again, considering that I'm performing the procedure, maybe I should wear it"

Considering the number of times he has done these, I guess the sense of humor gets a biot weird :)

take care,
Mike

OMG - it was too graphic for the medical forum and now it's been moved here...!! :11:

Sorry about that. Anyway, it's not so bad. Just do-it. :D

DandyDon:
"Removed a couple of harmless looking polyps, found some other things that suggested you're not young anymore.

Hey! Glad to see that you're still the same old Don! You're the only guy I know that could spit game to a chick that's about to jam a whiffle ball bat up his butt. That is what I call unwaivering courage.
Here's some harmless looking polyps I found growing on one of our wrecks, the Capt. Tony. Just one question though... How'd you get em up your butt?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom