My canister light for under $150

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Made for a cool experience and a great story, though.... Just for grins, I put a 3mm boro lens in my pressure pot and it imploded at about 85 psi. It is pretty amazing what kind of force is exerted. The pressure pot actually jumped a bit.

I have 52.5mm boro lenses I sell for $12. And yes, got back from vacation yesterday, Cozumel 14 dives, 3.5 days. Awesome dive operator. If you guys are ever there you need to dive with SCUBA Tony. He took us all over the place and we actually got to see him hunt some lion fish and feed them to the snappers, lobsters and morays.

The place where you get your 52.5mm lenses cut, would they be able to do a 54mm? And then I could just buy it off you.
That sounds like a pretty intense vacation, 14 dives in 3.5 days sounds tiring.

The place where you get your 52.5mm lenses cut, would they be able to do a 54mm? And then I could just buy it off you.
That sounds like a pretty intense vacation, 14 dives in 3.5 days sounds tiring.

Yes, how many do you need? How quickly? It's going to cost a bunch to do just a few... I buy 30 at a time of the 52.5mm.

And YES, between diving, drinking, sleeping about 4 hours a night.... EXTREMELY intense! lol

Thanks for the help. Since I only need one, I'm going to diy one from mcmaster carr.

Yeah, for one, that would be the easiest! or cheapest rather...

Sick dude. Out of curiosity, which part of Ontario are you in? I would love to see the light in person if you are local. (Plus I have access to an autoclave, so your rig could be pressure tested).

Looks very nice.
Might I have your drawings because I want to make my own.
And your light looks awesome !

It's a year later, and 350xfire was right about the lens. I was at 125ft in 36 F water on the weekend, and she imploded! It was pretty damn loud. Funny thing is, the light continued to work. So now I am on the hunt for a new lens, and am wondering where I might get a custom 3/16 boro lens at a reasonable price?
Thought I should mention too that I ended up replacing the battery with one from batteryspace, the other one was getting too unpredictable.

350xfire sells boro lenses...

oops. Should have read page 2!

Great bit of engineering, and inspiring. What are you using for seals and what tolerances did you need to make it seal at those depths?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom