my camera insurance paid off!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d56nut:
As of right now we have about 2000 bucks worth of gear and that includes 2 cameras. The cost for the insurance was 99.00. The person that handled my claim never asked me any questions...the claim was approved. I was surprised that they didn't charge me for the "water" deductible since I lost the camera in the "water". The "water" deductible is 250.00. I was only charged the regular deductible of 100.00. At least for now, I'm really happy with this company!

Michelle

Michelle,

Did you tell them how you lost your camera? I'm just curious what they actually used as the official report for the lost camera in determining your coverage for it.

I'm looking for insurance and am not certain which way to go - I've heard some negative things about H2OInsurance, such as that already mentioned above. But everyone seems happy with DEPP (AFAIK).

Paul

We told the insurance company that I was diving with the camera and got it caught on the reef and it got away from me and sunk and we couldn't chase it because it was too deep. They didn't ask any questions. By the way, got the check today (Monday). Less than a week since we filed! New camera will be here tomorrow!!! YIPPEE!!!

Michelle

Glad to hear you are happy with your insurance - nice to hear positive comments for a change!

Ignore my question in the other thread as I see you are on your way to a new camera as we speak :)

Michelle - wow, that is good news. Although it seems they could have easily denied your claim since the camera was "in your care". I'm glad that they treated you well, I was moving towards getting DEPP because of that added clause which basically says anything that happens to the camera while in your care is not covered, even if you drop it (e.g., one of Dee's claim with DEPP that was covered). They only seem to cover flood damage and theft. Regardless of that, my main concern is flood damage to the camera.

But .... I have an expensive housing that would be useless w/o the camera (older). Everything on the housing is sealed so it would not be subject to flood damage. Because of this, I was leaning towards H2OInsurance. Maybe I'll give them a try for a year and see how it goes (actually I hope I don't ever need to use the insurance!).

Thanks for sharing your experience with H2OInsurance, its appreciated!

Paul

Back
Top Bottom