My Blacktip Leaked Yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@lostsheep and others I am not being sarcastic with the Tusa question. It is an honest question!

Which DPV companies offer full coverage leak warranties?

I'm pretty sure Nauticam doesn't cover leaks in the field? (Unless they sponsor you)

Manufacturing defects that ship new might be a different story. This happened with some of the Blacktip handles a while back. They did admit the problem in that case and provide solutions...

Will Tusa repair or replace free of charge, for leak issues?
Not mine because I bought it used. I will say that it seals up so well, I struggle to separate it post dive.

I don’t think you should give them any money, get it back and part it out.

Screw diveX
Try to sell the tube, cone, and batteries? I imagine it would be easier to sell as a working unit. Am I wrong?

I read this and think, then it isn't something I did. I cleaned the o-rings prior to the dive like I clean my DSLR camera prior to every dive. The unit failed after 8 months of use.

How do they justify billing someone for what in my opinion is a not my fault and within the warranty period? If a warranty item fails and causes the flood, then it's no longer covered under warranty?

But they gave you a 10% discount! You should feel luck. :banghead:

Have you called and spoken directly to avoid these BS email responses? Maybe get a better answer than it leaked because it leaked? I wouldn't accept that as an answer.

You're better off getting it fixed and selling for 1500+ than trying to part out and maybe get a few hundred for untested spares.

Have you called and spoken directly to avoid these BS email responses? Maybe get a better answer than it leaked because it leaked? I wouldn't accept that as an answer.

You're better off getting it fixed and selling for 1500+ than trying to part out and maybe get a few hundred for untested spares.
I can't find a number on their site. I just clicked on their support button and landed on this information:

Contacting Us​

To get help before trying to contact us, please try searching the help guides here to see if we have written an article on the subject you are looking for. You can search the guides by clicking on the red support button on the bottom right-hand side of the website.
mceclip1.png

If you wish to contact us on other subjects, you can do so after searching by using the contact us button that appears after you search the support guide.
mceclip0.png

Phone Support & Help
Due to staff now working remotely we have discontinued the use of phones for contacting us. Using the support methods above is more reliable and allows us to track your queries so they are always answered.
If you do still have our phone number, you may find that our response is unreliable.

Email Support & Help
You can reach us at support@dive-xtras.com

Mail Support & Help
Our mailing address is:
Dive Xtras
11520 Airport Rd.
Everett, WA, 98204

I can't find a number on their site. I just clicked on their support button and landed on this information:

Contacting Us​

To get help before trying to contact us, please try searching the help guides here to see if we have written an article on the subject you are looking for. You can search the guides by clicking on the red support button on the bottom right-hand side of the website.
mceclip1.png

If you wish to contact us on other subjects, you can do so after searching by using the contact us button that appears after you search the support guide.
mceclip0.png

Phone Support & Help
Due to staff now working remotely we have discontinued the use of phones for contacting us. Using the support methods above is more reliable and allows us to track your queries so they are always answered.
If you do still have our phone number, you may find that our response is unreliable.

Email Support & Help

Mail Support & Help
Our mailing address is:
Dive Xtras
11520 Airport Rd.
Everett, WA, 98204
What a shịt show. Their responses on bookface are just as crappy.

Contacting Us​

mceclip1.png

mceclip0.png

Phone Support & Help

Email Support & Help

Mail Support & Help
Our mailing address is:
Dive Xtras
11520 Airport Rd.
Everett, WA, 98204
FWIW, I have got through to someone when calling the number listed on Google Maps before (after they left items off an order, and ignored emails about it...). The person on the phone wasn't exactly any friendlier, but it did resolve the issue!

Contacting Us​

mceclip1.png

mceclip0.png

Phone Support & Help

Email Support & Help

Mail Support & Help
Our mailing address is:
Dive Xtras
11520 Airport Rd.
Everett, WA, 98204

What a crock of ****. I feel like emailing them just to tell them they suck.

Unbelievable

FWIW, I have got through to someone when calling the number listed on Google Maps before (after they left items off an order, and ignored emails about it...). The person on the phone wasn't exactly any friendlier, but it did resolve the issue!
I'll try that! Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom