My Bare Trek Boots are too big for my fins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimisurf

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Just got home with my new dry suit. They included Bare's Trek boots with the package. As it turns out I can't fit the boots into the fin pocket of my Aeris Velocity (L - XL). Has anyone had a similar experience and tried a different boot type to solve the problem? I'm considering trying a softer less bulky boot that will fit the fin pocket, but I'm not sure what might fit over a neoprene dry booty?

Any help???

Jimi

Unless you wear big, thick, warm socks under your booties when you dive wet you will probably end up wearing bigger boots and bigger fins when you dive dry.

Suck it up and get out your credit card.

I have the same problem. :(
I have XL Jets fins with size 8 Bare Trek boots. My fins have 11" SS spring straps. With VERY thin polypropylene socks the boot/fins are tight. With thicker socks they are almost unusable. I have seen elsewhere on this board that the turtles fins have a wider pocket and are better with over-boots. I’m going to have my shop order Turtles for me this next week, I’ll let you know.

BTW I'm still selling my old Trek boots size 10

I would rather look for an alternate solution for the boots than change fins. I dive dry exclusively, but other suits had vulcanized boots attached. These boots are really wide, probably wider than they need to be (I'm swimming width wise, but the length is fine). I'm really wondering if anyone has tried different boots (other than the Trek boot) with a standard neoprene softboot (5 mil). Mostly wondering if they will fit a fit pocket similar to what I had with a vulcanized boot??? let me know if you have attempted something similar with sucess or failure....

Thanks,

Jimi

PS. Go Canucks Go!! (5-3)

I think that I have found the solution. I picked up a pair of neoprene semi-hard boots by oceaner. They are the 5 mil Dolphin boots. My size 10 feet and the 5 mil soft booties attached to my dry suit fit into the Large size Dolphin boot; in turn the whole thing stuffs into the LG - XL fin pocket. Looks like I'm ready to roll for a whopping 30 bucks (22 US$). My feet should be quite toasty too with the 10 mil of neoprene:)

Thanks All!!

Jimi

Yeah i tried the wetsuit boot over the bootie/sock attached to my drysuit. That didn't work for me, in fact I had quite a problem with that combination. The fin straps would slide down the back of my heal and stop between the bottom of my heal and the sole of the wetsuit boot. As long as I was careful and kicked gently I could make it work untill I could reach back and pull the fin stap back up.
One of my dive buddies has done something similar and he has great luck.
The trek boots definatly solved my problem. They fit better and have the little bump to help hold the fin straps. But like I said before now the fins don't fit very well.

Jimi- I hope you're happy with your new boots. And I'll let you know if I find somebody who needs two or more pair of Trek boots :D

Is anybody diving the Bare Next-Gen suit with the T-100 underware in very cold water? I got mine so I could spend all day in the springs (72 deg.) How's this combnation going to work in Lake Michigan?
Thanks

Jim
I just got my new Turtle fins!!
The foot pocket in these fins is HUGE :wacko:
My intro to cave class was just cancelled/posponed
So I have a little time to play with my new toys before I get into another class.
Take care hope you're liking your suit/boots/fins

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom