Must dive caves, mexico.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are diving 1/3 of 2/3 (cave 1 limit). So that comes down to 50 bar (725 psi) for the way in on a full set.

Caterpillar/Xulo seem pretty tight for a backmounted cave 1 diver :eek:. Looks cool tho.

We are diving 1/3 of 2/3 (cave 1 limit). So that comes down to 50 bar (725 psi) for the way in on a full set.

Caterpillar/Xulo seem pretty tight for a backmounted cave 1 diver :eek:. Looks cool tho.
Xulo has one small restriction near the beginning, but I wouldn't worry too much about that. Then the main line goes for quite a bit before it gets narrow and deeper again. Those restrictions are quite long, but fun (in sidemount). I haven't been to Vaca Ha in a while, but for a single 2-tank dive on Nitrox I don't think you need extra deco gas. The first jump to the left is also very nice, it leads to a bedding plane. It might be difficult in backmount, though.

Xulo has one small restriction near the beginning, but I wouldn't worry too much about that. Then the main line goes for quite a bit before it gets narrow and deeper again. Those restrictions are quite long, but fun (in sidemount). I haven't been to Vaca Ha in a while, but for a single 2-tank dive on Nitrox I don't think you need extra deco gas. The first jump to the left is also very nice, it leads to a bedding plane. It might be difficult in backmount, though.

Ok, so Xulo is doable, Vaca ha is better for sidemount. Il put xulo on the list :cool:

No T's on intro level? What agency? As some allow them.
If intro or C1 level is too limited, why not do the next course then if you are ready for it?

No T's on intro level? What agency?As some allow them.
TDI Intro to Cave - 1/6 gas, no navigation, restrictions or deco, 130ft max depth

If intro or C1 level is too limited, why not do the next course then if you are ready for it?
I don't think this was directed specifically at me but here's my thoughts for this level. Personally, I'm nowhere near feeling limited by the Intro level limits. I just did the course in Mexico this April and have a grand total of 11 dives in the overhead. I wouldn't mind going back and doing the exact same dives again. Except for Nohoch, I turned all dives on gas and was actually reaching my mental limit of "how far back in the cave am I" as well by that point. Still a lot of mainline for me to see; and then there's Florida as well ...

Also, my next class is probably going to keep me at essentially the same level. I'm working on getting my Fundies upgraded to tech pass and then going the GUE C1, C2 route

you can do the mainline at nohoch and also run your reel all the way to the parker turner line for a second cave 1 dive there

if memory serves, you might be able to also do this at muchacho. mainline then run a line to the black forest line

you can do the mainline at nohoch and also run your reel all the way to the parker turner line for a second cave 1 dive there

if memory serves, you might be able to also do this at muchacho. mainline then run a line to the black forest line
At Nohoch, you can also do Alberto's line. It is to the right of the main line, and you can tie in with the primary reel easily. On sixths, you should be able to get near the end of that line, where it loops back to a jump to the main line just before Heaven's Gate. There are also two Intro-level possibilities downstream: the main downstream line, and the "cavern" line that starts near the start of the main downstream line and then meanders around back upstream to the Parker line. Those two dives are not as decorated as the upstream lines, but still something worth checking out.

i'm in contact with an instructor to get full technical cave certified before going to mexico. I'm already tech and cave 1 certified, so that should be possible.
I don't want to be limited to 1 navigation choice in mexico, and i want to bring a stage if needed. That doesn't mean i'm going all out in mexico, but it gives me a bit more space for navigation and the use of a stage. Any must see suggestions if i have more navigation choices when i'm in Mexico?

No T's on intro level? What agency? As some allow them.

I'm a full cave instructor with the CDS, IANTD and TDI. None of those agencies allows navigational decisions (i.e. no T's) at Intro.

I was a full cave instructor with NAUI, they do allow 2 navigational decisions at Cave 1. I view NAUI Cave 1 as the basic equivalent to NSS-CDS Apprentice and IANTD TekLite Cave. TDI doesn't have a similar course, yet. I do hope they add Apprentice / Cave 1 soon.

I'm a full cave instructor with the CDS, IANTD and TDI. None of those agencies allows navigational decisions (i.e. no T's) at Intro.

I was a full cave instructor with NAUI, they do allow 2 navigational decisions at Cave 1. I view NAUI Cave 1 as the basic equivalent to NSS-CDS Apprentice and IANTD TekLite Cave. TDI doesn't have a similar course, yet. I do hope they add Apprentice / Cave 1 soon.
That is what I mean, Naui allows some navigation decisions, gue does. That is why I made this comment. Here it is mostly count all as 'intro to cave' level. That is why I asked it. Teklite cave is not really teached here, people go from intro to (full/technical) cave diver, or go directly to (technical) cave diver. Caverns we don't realy have here and if we have, then it will be a boring 10 minute dive. I talk about France now. That is normally 'my' cave diving area. In Mexico you have really nice caverns. Same with Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom