Must dive caves, mexico.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Running the primary reel to Parker is usually only done at the intro level, almost everyone else just does the short jump to limit cluttering up the place with lines.

We got the hint to take our primary reel past the start of the mainline. And then attach it to the jump line (i think it was the second red arrow to the left of the main line when you enter). Cause then your technically not making a "jump" (but the fact is the same, you are diving parkers room). If you don't tie in your reel straight enough while going there, you will be out of line before you hit the jump. Its almost 100 meters into the cave. I think its easier to just make the jump and count it as your one and only navigation decision. (c1 limit). But it is easily possible with a reel, just make sure not to zigzag to much.

I'm Intro so have 0 navigational decisions - the jump is a far better way to do it but I'm not allowed to make them. The advice I got was to stay significantly left of the usual path you would take to the mainline while still referencing it. She specifically mentioned the line clutter aspect and to try and be as courteous to other divers as possible. I mean, you want to be mindful all the time but I feel especially so since now you're going past the mainline with your primary.

I'm Intro so have 0 navigational decisions - the jump is a far better way to do it but I'm not allowed to make them. The advice I got was to stay significantly left of the usual path you would take to the mainline while still referencing it. She specifically mentioned the line clutter aspect and to try and be as courteous to other divers as possible. I mean, you want to be mindful all the time but I feel especially so since now you're going past the mainline with your primary.

A lot of people do it with a reel. Its totally worth it to go and see parkers room in my opinion.

Another cave that is nice is Jail House. Entrance is "sporty", just a zero vis mud hole. Only down side is there is a section where you are swimming for a good distance in a halocline layer.

It looks amazing on youtube. Is the road to the cenote that bad?
it's reasonably bad. the problem is that it's LONG. so you're beating up the car for quite a long way. you dont wanna have to be towed out from there. it's the nohoch road.

Chen Hol, Otch Ha and Tux Kupaxa. In that order.

In Otch Ha, if you go left at the T (if I remember), with a stage you can make the exit in a bat filled cavern. Really cool dive. Go right and it just goes forever. Tux is freaking huge cave. My personal favorite, but it is a drive.

Left to the bats. great scooter cave as well

Another cave that is nice is Jail House. Entrance is "sporty", just a zero vis mud hole. Only down side is there is a section where you are swimming for a good distance in a halocline layer.
vis there clears up at like 2 meters though. jail house is a sweet cave

... great scooter cave as well

in 2016 we swam it, in 2017 we scootered. It is amazing to scooter it!! Found the fossilized animal foot prints. I think they are left of the T also and then you have to make a jump to the right. (did I just do the Time Warp?)

I love jailhouse, too. But there is a T three minutes or so in, just after the viz clears up. That means it's not suitable for intro. If you go right at the T the line goes for a while, so good for C1. On the left, you'll hit another T very soon.

Zero navigational decisions?! Ouch. In Mexico, that's like, 30 feet into the cave.

I'd hate if I has to call the dive on 20ths because I hit a jump just past the cavern zone....

Hell, might as well just go to Pondy and check out the girls in bikinis.

Zero navigational decisions?! Ouch. In Mexico, that's like, 30 feet into the cave.

I'd hate if I has to call the dive on 20ths because I hit a jump just past the cavern zone....

Hell, might as well just go to Pondy and check out the girls in bikinis.

Whats the location on this? :p

Caves i got so far:

- Mayan blue
- chan hol
- temple of doom
- cenote zapote
- otoch ha
- Jailhouse
- Tux Kupaxa

I also saw a movie of cenote monkey dust, looked pretty cool! Anyone got some info about this one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom