Music trivia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And try this one:

Baby, the days we spent together were fine
The nights, the lights were yours and mine, it's true
I'll always love you, always love you.

WileEDiver once bubbled...
And try this one:

Baby, the days we spent together were fine
The nights, the lights were yours and mine, it's true
I'll always love you, always love you.

Just a wild guess but could that be the soft rock group out of Chicago known as the New Colony Six with I Will Always Think About You off their sophmore album Revelations released say.....about July 20, 1968???

That's some mental jukebox you've got playing there, WileE-D!:) Whatever happened to those guys anyway?

tankajava once bubbled...

Just a wild guess but could that be the soft rock group out of Chicago known as the New Colony Six with I Will Always Think About You off their sophmore album Revelations released say.....about July 20, 1968???

That's some mental jukebox you've got playing there, WileE-D!:) Whatever happened to those guys anyway?
:thumb: It could, indeed. now to really answer the question, What was the weather like that day? With details like you're providing, I'm sure hoping you aren't, say, getting your answers off of the web. :)

Yeah, I loved some of those oldies. Anyway, I only know that they followed up that hit with a lesser one called Things I'd Like to Say before dropping from sight, making them more than a one-hit-wonder!

You're up, tankjava.

WileE,

I think Things I'd Like to Say actually made it higher on the charts. They were both off the Revelation album though. I kinda liked their first vinyl thingy....uh what were those big black wafers called again?....Colonization a little bit more. Have both vinyls but haven't heard these guys for years since I no longer have a turntable. Thanks for the memories....:)(Where's a nostalgic smiley when you want one?)

Groovy, man! Let's keep it in the sixties......

I don`t know what you got
But it`s gettin` to me
It makes my cold nights hot
Hot winds just blow right thru me
Oh, power!
Baby, it`s in your hands

Don't know if the writer ever sang this before his band made it big but there was this 4'11' powerhouse lead singer that put Janis to shame whenever she opened with this tune.....

Panzer70 once bubbled...
who's mom called him bill?

??????

Panzer,

Was that a band or a song?

The band in question above was a popular act in the SF Bay Area and they performed this song at the Filmore West's final show. One of the members of the band Nazreth wrote the song........

??????

Panzer,

Was that a band or a song?

The band in question above was a popular act in the SF Bay Area and they performed this song at the Filmore West's final show. One of the members of the band Nazreth wrote the song........

Java,

Is the band Jefferson Airplane (starship)??

I am really reaching here because I am having a hard time with the clues! Must be that jet lag coming back from Dallas, LOL :D !!

sapphire

sapphire once bubbled...

Java,

Is the band Jefferson Airplane (starship)??

I am really reaching here because I am having a hard time with the clues! Must be that jet lag coming back from Dallas, LOL :D !!

sapphire

'Mornin' Sapphire, :)

Welcome home! Did you do any swamp diving while you were out here?

Not a bad guess. Both bands have lady leads. This band had a more funky jazz/soul/blues sound. Dan McCafferty, the vocal lead for Nazreth, authored the song. Song made it to 52 on the Billboard charts way back when......

BTW: Grace Slick first performed White Rabbit when she was with the Great Society. JA's first album, "Takes Off" was recorded with Signe Anderson on vocals and Grace joined them in '66 prior to "Surrealistic Pillow". FYI: A jefferson airplane was SF street slang for a split paper match used as a roach holder waaaaay back in the day.

taj

'Mornin' Sapphire, :)

Welcome home! Did you do any swamp diving while you were out here?

Not a bad guess. Both bands have lady leads. This band had a more funky jazz/soul/blues sound. Dan McCafferty, the vocal lead for Nazreth, authored the song. Song made it to 52 on the Billboard charts way back when......

BTW: Grace Slick first performed White Rabbit when she was with the Great Society. JA's first album, "Takes Off" was recorded with Signe Anderson on vocals and Grace joined them in '66 prior to "Surrealistic Pillow". FYI: A jefferson airplane was SF street slang for a split paper match used as a roach holder waaaaay back in the day.

taj

Nope, no swamp diving! Just shopping, eating, drinking, relaxing, museum, and baseball - a great long weekend!

I know when you FINALLY give in and tell us (because I for one give up) we will all be kicking ourselves. Maybe your new hints will help someone else, however...

My own reason for guessing JA (besides the female lead singer thing) was that my friend's mom used to be married to the drummer - I love to talk to her about her "rock band" days!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

sapphire

Group: Cold Blood?

Don't know the singer, don't know the song, just guessing from the hints.

Back
Top Bottom