Music and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1) That's a hint that the garment was not made for diving in the first place.

Every undergarment I own has a breast pocket, and every one of them is diving specific (down to having venting on the left shouldeR). As other have mentioned, it's a spot to keep keys usually. I acutally get annoyed in the summer when I dive in light long johns and have nowhere to put my key (for my car I have an all metal key I can clip inside a pocket on my BCD, but with my wife's SUV I have to either leave the key with someone or hide it, or let if float around my drysuit in a baggy).

My undergarments also all have pockets on the hips too, which is nice for leaving a stocking cap in for SIs.

My iPod has external speakers. I imagine that I could turn it on, but I am not sure how well the sound would transfer to the water.

I never understood why people would want to go into beautiful wild places and mask the natural sound with headphones/music...

You're not going to hear the toadfish or the other sounds of the reef.

I never understood why people would want to go into beautiful wild places and mask the natural sound with headphones/music...

You're not going to hear the toadfish or the other sounds of the reef.[/QUOTE

I couldn't agree more. Though I don't think I've ever really heard much of anything underwater (especially here in NS). I was impressed that there were 21 replies to the question before someone just had to question why the OP would want music down there. It usually doesn't take that long.

would be brilliant at the 3m deco stop.

there's only so many knots you can practice tying and so many photos you can review.

I think it would be cool to do a night dive in my local quarry with Dark Side of the Moon playing in my head! :shades:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom