Music and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HOpe this works out for ya. Sounds like its worth a try at least. Looks like your bases are covered for if your IPod or headphones will get wet.

Better be sure to have all your playlist adjusted to the same volume, and be happy with the one selected. It would suck a lot to accidentally nit something and have heavy metal suddenly blasting at top volume at depth, with no way to stop it short of flooding your dry suit.... and your ipod.

In the end, it's your money. Sounds risky, though. They do make waterproof cases for iPods, but I'm not sure how deep they can go, or how much pressure they can handle, since the inside air will be a lot lower than outside, in your drysuit. I would consider experimenting with just the headphones and no ipod a couple of times!

Ha no I'm not going to try it. I dive in Maine where there is hardly no visibility and not being able to see or hear would be to risky.

Although diving to 85 fsw last week with a cracked reg and and no backup was risky too...

i think you should definetely try it, and let us know how it goes

1) That's a hint that the garment was not made for diving in the first place.
2) You'll likely weep air past you neck seal.
3) There are several immersible mp3 player/headphone arrangements available.
4) If you use a "real" full face mask (e.g. Mark I - Mod 0 or KMB) then the speakers are already built in<G>.

Thalassamania:
1) That's a hint that the garment was not made for diving in the first place.
2) You'll likely weep air past you neck seal.
3) There are several immersible mp3 player/headphone arrangements available.
4) If you use a "real" full face mask (e.g. Mark I - Mod 0 or KMB) then the speakers are already built in<G>.

1) The Garment is a DUI thinsulate for drysuits
2) True, I cant stand that as is.
3) Mine is immersible, waterproof case and headphones
4) I have a "real" full face mask but no speakers.

Amazon!!! I love my water proof mp3.. I don't think it goes to deep though.. I use it for when I'm swimming laps.

What about the pressure on the earbuds as you descend? And release as you come up? I would not want to take the chance of having something crammed in my ear canal.

Sound travels better through the water than through air, so your dive buddies might hear your music. I probably would not want to be one of them, but I am a self-admitted music snob.

- Bill

Back
Top Bottom