Music and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My Thinsulate that I wear under my drysuit has a nifty little breast pocket on the inside. Quite useless when diving because you cant access it obviously. So I got to wondering what the pocket was for...

I figured I could put my IPOD in it and run the headphones up through my neck seal into my dryhood. I wear a full face mask so there is no chance for them getting wet. I know there are a million reasons you shouldnt do this so please refrain from pointing them all out (Unless it is an extremely interesting way you could accidentally kill yourself while doing this). Just curious if anyone has every tried anything like it..?

dan dude thats a great idea, ya just need waterproof headphones. dry hoos arnt all that dry......
now
where to ges a small waterproof earbuds........

mmadiver:
My Thinsulate that I wear under my drysuit has a nifty little breast pocket on the inside.

i use mine for my car keys

as to the ipod... well... you need to figure out a way not to break the neck seal
with the headphone chord ... i don't think it can be done, unless your dry
hood is an additional seal on top of your neck seal

My IPOD is actually waterproof as well as the headphones...use it for swimming laps.

My biggest fear would be getting run over by a boat that I couldnt hear...
Or if jaws was comming I couldnt hear the attack music.

well, i was thinking of all that water leaking through the seal into your suit

but...

:33:

i hadn't thought about Jaw's theme music... scary, dude.... scary

:wink:

Yeah the neck seal would likely leak, but my full face mask covers my hood seal and so I get absolutly no water into my hood.

sweet... looks like it would work

H2Andy:
sweet... looks like it would work
Yea...other than the leaky mask and leaky neck seal.

see above

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom