Multitaskers?...what else are you doing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
If you are on SB a lot, I assume you must be multitasking...or maybe not.

tell me what else you are able to do while debating, pontificating, sourcing, supporting, socializing!

Me? I am either on the phone, on the treadmill, waiting for a satellite call, or lecturing my kids. I am not ...spellchecking or...thinking at times.

jepuskar:
During the day while I'm on here I am always looking over my shoulder ready to minimize.

LOL! I work at home so I only have my own guilt to restrain me.

At the moment, I'm putting together an update for the software I write. I'm generally always "at work" when reading/posting here.

hmmm...taking pictures....answering mail....working on grafics....taking a class.....cooking with friends (Roger loved it :D) .... waiting for the rain to stop.

I'm off work today, so I am doing "domestic drudgery" aka=housework in between checking messages and posting.

hahaha, NOW I get it...Jep, I thought you meant your decor.

I'm one of the quilty ones, viewing SB while at work. I'm lucky I can do it at this client, but starting next week, I won't be so lucky anymore. I'll probably have to just go back to only checking SB on weekends.

let's see... i read cases, talk to clients on the phone, calendar stuff, draft
documents, yo know... the usual lawyer stuff

i also take breaks between concentrating on various documents... it's a nice
series of breaks to take during the day

basically, unless i'm thinking hard on solving a problem, i can drop in and out of
ScubaBoard

i don't get paid hourly, so it's not an issue so long as i get my work done

catherine96821:
If you are on SB a lot, I assume you must be multitasking...or maybe not.

tell me what else you are able to do while debating, pontificating, sourcing, supporting, socializing!

Me? I am either on the phone, on the treadmill, waiting for a satellite call, or lecturing my kids. I am not ...spellchecking or...thinking at times.

Last couple of days, recompiling various linux kernels and compiling AFS kernel modules against those sources. Difficult to parallelize and lots of latency == lots of opportunity to surf scubaboard...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom