Multiple emails

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got 14 copies of a reply notification email for the "Dive Rite express package" email, and 7 copies of the "New fin design" email notification, all timestamped 4:41.

For a long time, I've gotten anywhere between 1 and 3 copies of every SB notification email. I recieve no duplicate copies of *any* other email. I went and changed the email address used just now, but I'm not sure if that will help.

14 copies of the same email? WTF? :eyebrow:

I'm still getting multiple emails. I'm using a completely different account on a completely different server.

So, um, anyone have any theories?

I have never heard of this problem with any account so my only theory is that your email client is loading it multiple times but that may not be it. For arguements sake go into your User Cp and remove all of your subscribed threads, subscribed forums and turn your subscription option to none. Wait a day and set anything back as desired.

So I'm not the only one! That's exactly what happens since I've switched accounts. Every now and then I'll get two or three copies, but only occasionally.

It sounds as if we may be having some mail queue issues, I will pass it along to the system admin.

Multiple emails happen when my ISP for some reason stops transmission without finishing the complete email que. One time this happened on next to the last email of a long list. When I went back to them all the emails were retransmitted.

I occasionaly get individual emails the same way. So, I surmise that somewhere in the chain there was an interruption before the EOF signal was sent.

Just a guess.

Thats what I was thinking as well Arctic Diver; however, if only SB emails are being duplicated it may be a problem somewhere over here as well.

I'm also getting multiple emails per thread. Each email is sent whenever a new message is posted. Six new replies means six new messages, not six copies of the same email.

I used to only get an email for the first new message and that would be all until you visited the forum again and reset the mailer for that thread. There's a message to that effect attached to each email I get.

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom