Multiple divers from same boat to chamber today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So our unconfirmed bent divers have now been "killed"?

Separate from that, thank you Kari. I appreciate your insight.

The report I'm getting seems to make more sense -

"Three moped divers were reported bent over, and holding their heads due to brain freezes from drinking their margaritas too quickly at Carlos and Charlies..."

So you are confirming 3 were bent?

I have seen divers, not just at Cozumel, do stupid things and cause another diver to go after them!

I'm thinking of writing a "distinctive specialty" called "Advanced Dumbassery - How to not be a dumbass and how to avoid it in others"

The class would include:
  • How to wave goodbye to someone who has bolted for the surface or taken off for the briny deep
  • How to not run out of air
  • How to not follow anybody into any kind of overhead unless you're actually trained and equipped for it.
  • The risks of the phrase "Follow me!"
  • Why the term "personal record" is dangerous.

Successful completion would bestow an "I'm not a dumbass" c-card that would allow diving without a DM. The card would be revocable by anybody that witnessed the holder attempting to win a Darwin Award.

flots.

---------- Post added March 13th, 2014 at 03:46 PM ----------

I applaud your logic sir.
0000002126-00001013.jpg

Thank you. Live long and prosper.

Personally, I'd be embarrassed to be on a dive where three divers were bent. It's like being part of the Three Stooges plumbing service.

I'd probably see if I could buy a big bottle of O2 and go back to the hotel. :cool:

Last edited:
The report I'm getting seems to make more sense -

"Three moped divers were reported bent over, and holding their heads due to brain freezes from drinking their margaritas too quickly at Carlos and Charlies..."

:rofl3:

This:

[video=vimeo;60211862]https://vimeo.com/60211862[/video]

Plus this:

[video=youtube;JcNhDstL4-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcNhDstL4-k[/video]

= Very plausible that 3 divers could get bent at once in Cozumel......lol.

Play both at the same time and it will all make sense.

Apparently there would be few people able to graduate from that course flots am.

---------- Post added March 13th, 2014 at 01:38 PM ----------

I thought they were just stuck in quicksand, Brules. Perfectly normal occurrence. Love that classic overweighting once they got off the bottom. Kicking away but down, down, down they go.

Brules and Shasta, what is the first link? Not seeing one here only the music.

There is not a single fact here. Pure gossip and speculation. I don't even know if there were in fact 3 bent divers. We don't know anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom