Multigas (CO/He/O2) analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ginti

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Trying to find a multigas analyzer at a reasonable price (e.g. more or less the price of a trimix analyzer like the Divesoft + the price of a CO analyzer). But I can't.

TMEC, the company producing de-ox analyzers, has this one, but no info about the price on their website: DE-OX SUB Multigas Color digital analyzer | TEMC DE-OX®

Nuvair has this one at 6k+$, and it looks like it is the TMEC one - just rebranded: Nuvair Multigas Color Alarm Analyzer

6k is clearly too much; on top of that, this analyzer has several functions that are not interesting at all for divers (at least, as far as I know).

Do you know any alternative?

@DandyDon if I remember well you push a lot for CO analysis, do you know a reasonably priced multigas analyzer?

PS I am in the EU

The DeOx unit doesn't have pricing as it depends what sensors you want. It can take upto 8 (IIRC) and some of the sensors are 3k+
Drop me a message and I can get you pricing on a unit with just O2, He and CO if that's what you want

Thanks
John

I don't know any that does CO + trimix. Would having two separate analyzers (one for trimix and one for CO) be an option? That's what I have.

I don't know any that does CO + trimix. Would having two separate analyzers (one for trimix and one for CO) be an option? That's what I have.
I may decide to go for if I don't find a better alternative - but I would prefer a unique solution if possible.

I may decide to go for if I don't find a better alternative - but I would prefer a unique solution if possible.
Got it. In terms of simplifying the analysis, I am connecting the flow restrictor to the DIN valve and then using the same hose to connect to both the trimix and CO analyzers which makes the process pretty quick. It would be nice though to have all analysis done with just one unit.

Got it. In terms of simplifying the analysis, I am connecting the flow restrictor to the DIN valve and then using the same hose to connect to both the trimix and CO analyzers which makes the process pretty quick. It would be nice though to have all analysis done with just one unit.
That's interesting, would you take a picture of your setup? Just out of curiosity

My Oxycheck O2/He unit is two devices daisy chained in the same case. Looking at form factors on their webpage, I'm sure I could add their CO analyzer to the chain(Expedition O2 + Expedition He + Expedition CO). They used to sell an O2+He combo, but I don't see it on the site. The case mine came with would fit the additional CO unit.

@DandyDon if I remember well you push a lot for CO analysis, do you know a reasonably priced multigas analyzer?
I do not, sorry.
The DeOx unit doesn't have pricing as it depends what sensors you want. It can take upto 8 (IIRC) and some of the sensors are 3k+
Drop me a message and I can get you pricing on a unit with just O2, He and CO if that's what you want

Thanks
John
It'd be great to have CO & O2 sensors in the same portable DE-OX SAFE Carbon Monoxide Analyzer unit at an affordable price.

It'd be great to have CO & O2 sensors in the same portable DE-OX SAFE Carbon Monoxide Analyzer unit at an affordable price.

Agreed. Forensic Detectors sells multi-gas detectors for about $260 (O2 only up to 30%, so unsuitable for nitrox measurement) and a waterproof O2 unit meant for divers for $169.

It'd be great if many people from SB contacted them to show interest in purchasing a waterproof combined CO.and O2 detector -- let them know that the market exists.

Back
Top Bottom