Multi level dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it requires discipline to do the deepest part of your dive first and then work your way up without going down again. The computer comes in handy when you drop your Rolex and start a sawtooth profile to look for it

Just plug it into multi deco or similar program.

But obviously this all depends on what conservatism/GF your diving at

Reactions: OTF
Here you go.

At a 50/85 GF (fairly aggressive) you are not with in your NDL. And no staying 4min at 40m then going to 30m does not cancel out the on-gassing. See difference below between 5min at 40m and 4min at 40m

* Setting are 20m/min decent rate and 9m/min accent rate.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Also here is the Nitrogen off gas gradient between 5min @ 40m and 4min @ 40m then your 10m level at 30m
full.jpg

full.jpg

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 41
You DM certificate is from padi right?

I wonder how do you pass the test, because calculating multilevel dives is part of the written exam you padi DM.

The wheel is the very old version.
The just a little bit old version is the erdpML.
PADI got a online version and as DM you got free access to it. Inkl e learning. It's Easy to use.

As others pointed out, tables do not work that way - not at all. That approach can be pretty dangerous, and I wouldn't be surprised if many of the recreational cases of DCS come from these kinds of dive profiles.

Anyway, I understand that you are interested in bringing your dive to the next level: that's cool! To reach the next level, I strongly advise you to study a bit about decompression theory, keeping in mind the big difference between theory and practice (indeed, our excellent scientists cannot explain many things yet).

There are two ways to do it:
- take some "technical" courses (ANDP, Tech1, etc.)
- read some books

Tech training can be challenging, it's expensive, and if I remember well, you are not interested in it, so that I would skip it.

About the books, I suggest you start with the excellent book by Mark Powell, "Deco for Divers". As a researcher, I was not too satisfied with the graphs and tables in that book, but overall it gives an excellent introduction to the topic. Keep in mind that it is pretty old, so many things are not updated.

There are some fun historical facts, and it's an enjoyable reading :)

You DM certificate is from padi right?
He has done it with SSI, I believe from his various references to specialties, including Science of Diving. As a prerequisite for DM, I would very much hope that particular specialty would have included something about multilevel dive planning? Is there much being taught in other agencies in that area?

Edit: grammar

He has done been with SSI, I believe from various references to specialties, including Science of Diving. As a prerequisite for DM, I would very much hope that particular specialty would have included something about multilevel dive planning? Is there much being taught in other agencies in that area?

Deco theory is a mess in SSI's Science of Diving. I did it last year when it was free and the only good thing that resulted from that section was having to read Deco for Divers afterwards, so that the former made some sense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom