Multi level dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not go into deco without full redundancy
...and that, indeed, is the danger. Running out of gas when you have a deco obligation is not a good thing.

3. All recreational training is highly focused on one main idea: do not go into deco! .

Here I would disagree. BSAC CMAS and other agencies teach deco as part of recreational diving. My BSAC Sports diving was all deco dives planned on air as nitrox was not used back then. PADI for sure is stay within NDL and do not go into deco for OW AOW courses. I went from PADI OW to a BSAC Club where deco was just the normal way to dive. There was far more planning a dive with BSAC than I learned with my PADI OW in 1986. Different programs with different priorities.

I cannot understand how he got to be a DM and still thought that having 2 mins to NDL he thought he needed to bolt to the safety stop. How was that not picked up through any of his training? After all did he take people up to the surface who had a few minutes of NDL at 35m depth or shallower depths?

I made this little video to explain to divers who are new to diving or new to DC's as some are even AOW but haven't bought a DC yet that NDL increases as you ascend and not to panic and rush the ascent.

very good idea to show what happens on the screen in a real world scenario. however, can i pls ask why it sounds like you are holding your breath ? maybe i just heard it wrong.

very good idea to show what happens on the screen in a real world scenario. however, can i pls ask why it sounds like you are holding your breath ? maybe i just heard it wrong.

Yes you heard wrong. I always breathe out but with tiny bubbles as you can see in this pic and no I don't mean from my tank lol

FAT AVAI DIVING.jpg

looks like its coming out of the top of your head haha

Excellent reasons to never use yoke valves.

Excellent reasons to never use yoke valves.

It's like speeding: it either won't make any appreciable difference to your runtime, or it's immediately obvious. In the case of a fully blown o-ring: audible the moment you turn the knob.

Tables? eRDPml? How quaint.

Download MultiDeco (Mac, iPhone, Android, win-dos) — other planners are available — and play with it. Observe the patterns for the amount of NDL time, play with the settings and change things around.

Read Deco for Divers. It’s an interesting read.

And welcome to the world where NDLs are never considered (only bottom time, deco time, dive time and gas consumption matter). Even if that’s not for you, it’s good for you to know these things.
Sorry, my phone doesn't work at 40m and I'm not always able to stick exactly to the minute on a preplanned dive profile. Besides, what else you have to do while in deco stop other than to pull out your tables and do some math? :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom