Mt Storm Jan 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjreyes once bubbled...
My son and I are going on Jan 11 anybody interested ?
Good to see you again! I would totally be in, but me and Sillygrendel will just be getting back from Bonaire on the 10th and I dare say we will be dived out for a couple days...

Have fun though!

I should be there. Been out of the water since Thanksgiving and am breaking out in a rash!

Dave D

Very interested in MT. Storm. Have heard about it but never been there. Any info and insight is appreciated.
Diana

I believe Mark Little will be coming along with me as well. Who else will turn off football for a day and get wet?

Dave D

Thanks for the info on Mt. Storm. I am having withdrawal symptoms and the idea of a warm water dive in January is appealing!
Diana

deignor once bubbled...
Thanks for the info on Mt. Storm. I am having withdrawal symptoms and the idea of a warm water dive in January is appealing!
Diana

Hope to see ya there!

Dave D

My buddy and I have been contemplating going to Mt Storm for a while. However, we're both cold wimps. Is there any way to predict the water temperature? I understand it varies from 95-65 degrees depending on the season and also, unfortunatley, depending on how many reactors are running.

Ghostdiver once bubbled...
My buddy and I have been contemplating going to Mt Storm for a while. However, we're both cold wimps. Is there any way to predict the water temperature? I understand it varies from 95-65 degrees depending on the season and also, unfortunatley, depending on how many reactors are running.

In the winter figure on 60-65. If ity is a very bad winter and half of the plant is shut down it may drop to mid 50s (like last year).

Bigger issue is the surface weather. It changes often and dramatically. Check and watch the 5 day forcast the week before you go. Last year we went up Saturday and Sunday one weekend. Saturday was mid 50s & sunny. Sunday was high 20s, strong wind and 8" of snow! Water was 65 both days.

Dave D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom