Grand Cayman Dive Buddy Jan 23 - 27 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KDAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be staying at the Ritz on 7MB and could use a dive buddy to get in some shore dives at Lighthouse Point/Eden Rock, etc. from Jan 23 to Jan 27, 2023.

If anyone is down there and interested hit me up.

I can't help with that, but I'll throw this out there...when I was there a couple decades ago on a dive trip with my brother in law, diving with some dive boat operation out of somewhere along 7 mile beach...
the most fun we both had was on a self planned shore snorkel only dive somewhere just South of the cruise ship port. I have only sketchy memory of where we parked and got in. Looking on google map I think it was somewhere around the Eden Rock Dive Center on S Church Street. We spent hours on that reef, there were huge tarpon and tons of life. Lots of relief on the reef as I recall with large slot 'canyons' to explore. Diving the North wall on SCUBA was an unforgettable blue color, but I think we both agree the most fun was on that snorkel dive (& I have always preferred deeper and more challenging dives so that's saying something)

@bradlw many of my most enjoyable dives are suiting up, throwing a tank on, and swimming out. I will be alone this trip and seems most dive ops at the shore dive spots may ask where my buddy is so trying to avoid an issue.

I can tag along with whoever I see suiting up when I get there but if I can plan something ahead of time it might be for the better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom