MSRA annual show announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldpirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey everyone,

Michigan Shipwreck Research Associates will present the 10th annual “Mysteries & Histories Beneath the Inland Seas” shipwreck show on Saturday, May 3, 2008 in Holland, Michigan.

I know a lot of you attend this annual event and might want to put this on your calendars. Maybe even combine it with a tech dive on one of the great new shipwrecks we discoveered or re-discovered in the past decade. (SS Michigan, Hennepin, Ann Arbor 5, Akeley, etc). there are also a number of really nice not-so-deep wrecks like the Fire Boat, Ironsides, etc.

The event will be held at 7:00 PM in the historic Knickerbocker Theatre in Holland and feature the following presentations:

“NUMA Revealed” – Presented by Ralph Wilbanks of Clive Cussler’s NUMA search team
“Cutting Across Time- 30 years of Great Lakes Shipwreck Discoveries” by David Trotter
“A Freshwater Monsoon - The identification of a 19th Century Schooner” by the MSRA Team
“Gone Missing” – West Michigan’s Most Eginmatic Shipwrecks” by the MSRA Team

I don't want to "sell" here, so please visit our web site for info on the event. Hope to see you there!

Hi Craig I heard rummer that you will be releasing the Hennepin numbers at this show, can you confirm this?

Thanks
Jeff

Yes, that is true. The documentation work has been completed as thoroughly as possible and the nomination to the national Register of Historic Places is....well, you'll just have to watch for the official news release. :crafty:

We will also be releasing the numbers for the schooner during our show at Ghostships.

That is awesome I have been waiting a long time to get on this wreck! She looks real nice from your video, we are planning to go out on Monday the 5th and dive her.

Yes, that is true. The documentation work has been completed as thoroughly as possible and the nomination to the national Register of Historic Places is....well, you'll just have to watch for the official news release. :crafty:

We will also be releasing the numbers for the schooner during our show at Ghostships.

I'm planning to be at the show again this year. I'm hoping to get a dive in that weekend as well, if I can find a buddy.

I'll be there! This is a no miss event!

Thanks for the kind words! Dave Trotter is coming back again. The book about him wasn;'t out befoe last years' show so we hope to help him sell some copies! NUMA's Ralph Wilbanks also returns to entertain the crowd. This guy is a real character and our audience loves him! It should be a good show.

I was chatting with Clive Cussler the other day and he's excited to be sending the team back to West Michigan again for another season of searching for Northwest Airlines Flight 2501. For a lot of reasons, we think this might be the year!

Thanks for the update Craig. MSRA has done some GREAT work over the past few years. Your finds (re-finds) are a tribute to the hard work and dedication of the team. West Michigan diving would not be anything close to the choices we have today if it were not for the work of the MSRA team. You all deserve a BIG THANKS!

Hey craig,thank's for all the support the MSRA has given the new dive shop in holland,Advance Scuba. We have some charters for the hennipen after the show.We will be attending.Thank'S again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom