Mr T's Wild Freedive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be, but when I see petty crap being bandied about as somehow being pertinent, I have to restate the obvious.

The ONLY problem/issue of note to arise out of a free diver breathing off of a regulator is a possible barotrauma that could result in their death. I'll leave the bloviation about how much additional buoyancy will be produced to wannabe net-warriors.

You don't have to get all huffy, bro, we're just shooting the breeze here :D. And since the main risk has been stipulated and covered, ad nauseum, the discussion has taken a perfectly reasonable conversational deviation into other related aspects of the issue. That doesn't mean anyone is denying, sidestepping or diminishing the most critical risk.

Uhmmmm it absorbs into the body. Are you guys sure you got your open water? You got me wondering

For the record T, can I just say I really do enjoy reading your posts. That's not to say I think they're necessary accurate, in fact some of them are completely bonkers, it's more that you like to wind up the establishment and that's fine with me.

the gas in your lungs, which at depth is all oxygen
Dude, you're so far out that you're entering "not even wrong" territory.

The gas in your lungs, no matter the depth, is 78.1% N2, 20.9% O2 minus the amount you've metabolized, 0.9% Ar and 0.04% CO2 plus the amount you've produced by metabolizing O2. EDIT: Provided that you took a breath of air. If on nitrox or trimix, adjust the initial percentages of N2, O2 and He accordingly.

Dude, you're so far out that you're entering "not even wrong" territory.

The gas in your lungs, no matter the depth, is 78.1% N2, 20.9% O2 minus the amount you've metabolized, 0.9% Ar and 0.04% CO2 plus the amount you've produced by metabolizing O2.

If you are breathing on a regulator, continuously. Not when you free dive!!! Please inform yourself so I do not have to keep reiterating a point that is clearly provable. I just don't have time to teach you the effect free diving has on mammals today, you're gonna have to use google.

You are confused again, when free diving the nitrogen compresses, and leaves the body with almost all oxygen. If you take a breath off a reg, when you exhale the nitrogen would compress and the oxygen would flow out, severely increasing your chance of blacking out when you hit 15 feet. Oh and remember you're going too fast and that also increases your chances, since we are 2 pounds positive when we shouldn't be.

Hopefully the diver you got the gas from was diving a high nitrox mix, don't forget to look horizontally and don't look up, cause you really increased your chances of passing out.
Are you trying to suggest that the nitrogen compresses but the oxygen does not?

Are you trying to suggest that the nitrogen compresses but the oxygen does not?

Yes, that is exactly what happens, in free diving.

It dissolves in the blood stream

"compresses"

19789999.jpg

Diffusion of gas from the alveoli to the blood is something quite different from compression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom