Moving to Okeechobee in April.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Kids!

Well, it's been a long wait, but I finally got the word today from my partner in Florida. The landlord has ALL the necessary paperwork and will have the business license for the new tractor store in Okeechobee the middle of next week.

WE ARE MOVING TO FLORIDA!

Diane and I should be making a first trip down around the 15th of April to bring my gooseneck trailer and tools and stuff to the store. Our new 5th wheel trailer is on the way already, and we are hoping to be open the first week in May.

We'll be the ones on the corner of 7th and Parrott, just north of the main intersection in town with the yard full of RED tractors. Look forward to meeting some of you kids!

Welcome. I won't be needing a tractor soon, but its great to know another bud's in town. Good luck to you!

Since you are a tractor dealer, I don't have to say, "Why the heck are you moving to Okeechobee?" The fishing is good, I will say that. They also have a nice little airport. Not too far away from Vero Beach, Fort Pierce, WPB, so it's not too far from decent diving. They also have a big rodeo every year. I guess I am answering my question, but although I have driven through Okeechobee many, many times going from Melbourne to Fort Myers, and flown into the airport many, many times, I don't think I would want to live there. Maybe I'll drop in some day when I'm driving through and say hello.

Tractor Tom:
Diane and I should be making a first trip down around the 15th of April to bring my gooseneck trailer and tools and stuff to the store. Our new 5th wheel trailer is on the way already, and we are hoping to be open the first week in May.
Look forward to seeing you when you get down here. Nice new username BTW.
Tractor Tom:
We'll be the ones on the corner of 7th and Parrott, just north of the main intersection in town with the yard full of RED tractors. Look forward to meeting some of you kids!
Are there that many roads in Okeechobee that we couldnt find it? :wink:

Tom! We promised to help you move and make a nice Southern BBQ welcome - - BUT - - that is the weekend of OceanFest!

The TractorTom Meet and Greet is going to have to be the next weekend.

Hope to visit soon.

Eric

Yeah! That's great!!! I guess I need to start brewing some beer.

Can't wait to meet you all.

The first weekend is going to be working on the building and unloading tools and equipment and stuff. The following week, we'll be working with my partner in Alva part of the time and working on the building and moving tractors the rest of the time.

I expect we'll be open about the first week in May, and you folks are ALL invited to see what all the fuss is about.

I'll be posting more, when we get closer and especially after I get my DSL line installed at the tractor store building.

No, it's not hard to find. Right on 441, just south of the railroad tracks on the west side of the street. We should have a large sign up, and be easy to find.

Thanks again, hope to see some of you soon,

Tom

Orlando Eric:
Tom! We promised to help you move and make a nice Southern BBQ welcome - - BUT - - that is the weekend of OceanFest!

The TractorTom Meet and Greet is going to have to be the next weekend.

Hope to visit soon.

Eric

Ditto on that. E1 are you in charge of the party planning? You did a great job a couple weekends ago at Krista's!

Hey Tom, Glad to hear everything is working out. Can't wait to meet you and do some diving.... Hey Eric, you working on that BBQ thing. I heard you are a mean man with a bag of charcoal, and lighter fluid.......

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom