Moving to Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LimitedVIZ

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am leaving the great PNW (and the drysuit and the 48 degree water and the LimitedViz) and moving to Oahu. I report to my new job in 30 days. As much
as I love the diving here (and I honestly do) I am looking forward to Hawaii. I
will complete my D/M cert before I leave and was looking for a new dive shop
to call home. I'm not looking for any kind of steady employment opportunities, just a friendly shop where a guy can hang out. My wife plans on completing her D/M once we get over there. Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

One of the dive clubs I belong to are always looking for DMs to "work" the club dives. Well, it's not really work in the sense that you're hauling tanks, gear and babysitting - everyone pretty much pulls their own weight and are experienced divers already. The DMs basically help with collecting the money for the dives, mooring the boat and keeping general track of the dive profiles.

The club membership has grown in the last few months and our once monthly club dives have grown to 3 per month the last couple months.

Don't know any of the "fine print" details re insurance, though. Anyway, if you're interested, PM me.

LimitedVIZ:
I am leaving the great PNW (and the drysuit and the 48 degree water and the LimitedViz) and moving to Oahu. I report to my new job in 30 days. As much
as I love the diving here (and I honestly do) I am looking forward to Hawaii. I
will complete my D/M cert before I leave and was looking for a new dive shop
to call home. I'm not looking for any kind of steady employment opportunities, just a friendly shop where a guy can hang out. My wife plans on completing her D/M once we get over there. Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Are you military? There are lots of dive shops around. Which part of the island are you moving to?

You'll probably be thinking of changing your screen name then? :eyebrow:

<--------------Jealous

ch0ppersrule:
Are you military? There are lots of dive shops around. Which part of the island are you moving to?

I'll be working for the Department of the Navy, but am a civilian employee. We don't know yet which part of the island we will be moving to.

Kim:
You'll probably be thinking of changing your screen name then? :eyebrow:

I'm counting on it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom