Moving to Colorado looking for a Dive Shop.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lostnC823

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,
My name is Nate and I will be moving to the Denver area towards the end of May. I am moving from Michigan where I spent most of my days bumming around the dive shop shooting the breeze with everyone oh and of course diving as much as possible. I am hoping to continue this live style if at all possible... Any recommendations with regards to a laid back shop who doesn't mind loitering and joking around..oh and diving too. Thanks!

Nate

I don't have a specific shop to recommend, but I am sure others will. CO has a surprising number of dive shops, good luck finding one.

If you want friendly, no pressure, and great people, I recommend Underwater Phantaseas in Greenwood Village (I-25 and Arapahoe Rd.). I have taken all of my certification courses with them, purchased the majority of my equipment from them, and travelled with them, and they are a great group of people. Everyone in the shop gives great advice, doesn't pressure you, and will even talk you out of a sale if they think that you don't need it. The staff is knowledgeable and great to deal with and will share experiences and stories with you. Stop in and give them a try.

You are going to love it here--coming originally from WI, the weather is unbelievable and contrary to many beliefs, it DOESN'T snow all the time...

An early welcome to CO--hope you like it here.

I second that recommendation for Underwater Phantaseas. If you end up on the west side of side of town the Underwater Phantaseas Lakewood store is just as good and also very laid back.

I use A1 scuba. I don't spend a ton of time there, but have done many classes with them, and they have a good group of instructors, and the owners are nice.

It may depend upon where you decide to live. Denver has a large metro area. I can take an hour to get to a shop based on the North side of town from the South side of town.

PADI - A1 Scuba , SSI - Gobe Divers. Both are located in the Littleton, Englewood area. As others have said it's going to depend on where your located. But the one thing to remember is that you are moving to a state that has the highest number of certified divers in the country so you will be in good hands no matter where your located. Just remember to get you altitude cards before you dive here.

Check out the Shark Bait Dive Club under "Rocky Mountain Dive Clubs and Groups". We have an active group of divers that meet once a month for dinner, drinks and a speaker. We also do several group activities/trips each year. We would love to have come and see what we are about. At this time, there are no dues and no meeting attendance requirements.

There are so many good shops in the Denver area that it will really help if you can give more information about where you will be so that we can push you toward a shop in your area.

Good luck in Colorado I am origanaly from the Longmont area Just noth of Denver. I was born anrazed ther (46 years) You will lover the weather and there are lots of places to go diving .
Aurora res. Chatfield res. Hors tooth res. Carter res. ALL with in an hour to hour and a hafe drive Ther are a lot of dive shops to choose from .I moved to Georgia 2 years ago I love it here no more shoveling snow for me or driving in it Best of lock to you in Colorado

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom