moving to Big Island Hawaii.....!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

inked_diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy,
I am a PADI MSDT moving to the Hilo side of the Big Island. I am moving for a mental health job, but am interested in talking to anyone who dives on the big island! I hope to teach in some capacity on Hawaii, and am really looking to meet some dive buddies! Please drop me a line or post any info you may have about my new home. Thanks in advance
mahalo
edward

You will need mental health to live Hilo side! Only one real dive shop over there doing the cruz ship gig in marginal diving conditions. Lots of HUGE turtles thou. Kona side is the dive mecca. I can hook you up with some folks if you like. PM me with any questions. I love the big isle!

ahhh, WC..you are so niiiiice.

Hey..there are some great restaurants there. And ..he can go to the Tsunami Museum. I like Hilo. Lot's of granola girls....artists

Awsome farmers markets too!

Hi,

The Hilo side is nice, but just a bit rainy! We have never been there when the dive shop is open...all I wanted was one tee shirt! The diving on the Windward (=Hilo) Side is a little tricky. Lots of current, surge etc. Brah, mo bettah you come Kona Side!

joewr....

Well, congratulations on your move! I hope you love it there!

If I may ask, what company are you going to work for as I work in that field too :wink:

justlesa,
work is still a bit in the air, have some good offers from UH hilo, Hilo Medical Center and an adolsecent residential program! Still havent made a final decision, but if you have any advice to offer, I am all ears!
Thanks
edward

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom