Movie trivia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Assuming I got the last one right, here a true trivia question (not just name the film from a line of dialog).

The idea for the title of the movie O Brother Where Art Thou (2000) was taken from an idea for a movie (to be made) within a movie. Which old classic film was it? Extra credit if you can name the director.

Sorry, if it's too obscure.

The movie was "Sullivan's Travels" directed by Preston Sturges and starring Joel McCrea and the Veronica Lake. I highly recommend this film. Great dialog, great performances, great film.

TJ, why don't you take the next question?

"Son, you're supposed to be stupid. Don't abuse the privilege. I had twenty years in this outfit, when your idea of a good time was sittin' in front of the TV tube, watchin' Bugs Bunny and gnawing on your fudgcicle."

One of my favorites!

Warren Oates Police Captain telling off Officer Lymangood in Blue Thunder after he told the Captain that he had the pilot (Officer Frank Murphy played by Roy Schieder) take him to watch a lady work out in a high rise.

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
In the zone!

I haven't seen that movie in years. Kickass! How about his one:

"Quit your grinnin' and drop your linnen".

Angus Young or Bill Paxton.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom