Moulton Quarry this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey RD - Didn't make it today to the quarry - yeah I fish Pickwick and Wilson. I like to tournament fish so it keeps me busy at times. Alway looking for fish!!
As for river diving it's not good for visibility but for finding stuff it's pretty good. Just a little different. Hope you found someone to dive with and all went well. Post and let us know what you thought about Moulton.
If you ever want to go fishing over here on the lakes let me know

Didn't see anybody at Moulton except the regular crew plus one fireman who is taking OW course. It was a beautiful day and the water was amazingly clear. Decided to be brave and go DOWN the tunnel saturday.......very cold and VERY dark........but fun, what can I say........guess I am a wreck diver in the making.
Didn't get to go back today, but really hope the weather holds for the rest of the month.

SkyBird

Flodiver and Skydiver, Sorry, I finished with the 'chores' about 1:00 pm and was pretty tired. If I knew that I could have driven to the quarry without getting lost, I may have come on anyway. It just seemed too late to get the tank(s) and then try to find the quarry hoping to find a dive buddy. Too many 'hopes' in the equation. Weather is supposed to be really good this week and maybe I can get away for this weekend but it is going to have to be an early dive. We will see!

I might be game to try river diving sometime. if you are close to a bridge you can find some really interesting things.

SkyBird

skybird:
I might be game to try river diving sometime. if you are close to a bridge you can find some really interesting things.

SkyBird

Just be warned that your average bass-fisherman or any average boater
in this area doesn't have a clue what a "dive flag" is or what the laws
are about staying clear of it.

In fact, I'm sure if you have a floating dive flag, that the average boater
would prob drive over to it and try to pick it up to see what's at the
"other end" of it.

Isn't the second purpose of a spear gun to verify the integrity of the submerged portionof a boat hull? Course, you wouldn't want to reel it back in! :)

Without my glasses, I don't see so good concerning distance, so I am not too worried about viz in the river. As long as you can discern where your buddy is in low viz and that you can tell if there is a problem with him, I think it would be great. (And yeah I know, I don't know what I am talking about! Never been there, never done that- but I want to try!)

Randy

rdharbis1:
not too worried about viz in the river. As long as you can discern where your buddy is in low viz and that you can tell if there is a problem with him, I think it would be great. Randy

I was diving with a buddy in the river once, of course viz was terrible. I thought I saw a big shape *flash* in front of me - kinda spooked me. So I reached out with my hand and grabbed/surprised! my partner on the back of his thigh. Needles to say he was spooked as well - so spooked I thought he was going to turn into a holy man and walk on water.:D I also learned that day that a blood curdling yell can be heard really good underwater in the river.

Shaun

Flodiver:
I was diving with a buddy in the river once, of course viz was terrible. I thought I saw a big shape *flash* in front of me - kinda spooked me. So I reached out with my hand and grabbed/surprised! my partner on the back of his thigh. Needles to say he was spooked as well - so spooked I thought he was going to turn into a holy man and walk on water.:D I also learned that day that a blood curdling yell can be heard really good underwater in the river.

Shaun

You think that's bad.... I was doing something similar in the river, but
was assisting in a body search for a suspected drowning victum near
a set of docks... Well, in the low vis I reached out and accidentally
"grabbed" the leg of a body. It scared the living ***** out of me.
well, the leg moved, which scared me more. The leg belonged to one
of the other searchers. scared the ***** out of him also. Luckily
we were both very shallow (8-12 feet), because we both surfaced
VERY quickly.

In the end, luckily the kid hadn't drowned like they thought he had.
He was swimming at the dock, but had gone up into the woods
to goof off and didn't tell anyone.

Did you guys see the weather forcast for the weekend? I am NOT happy. I really need to go to the quarry and work on my navigation.

The weather forecast is not good, at least for my seasonal bones. The high is in the mid 60s. That is way cold! How much does a trip to warmer climates cost? I am really not ready to quit until next year.

Randy

Back
Top Bottom