Moulton Quarry this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is always someone at the moulton quarry that would love to be a buddy if anyone needs someone to dive with. They all love diving and are very friendly. Hopefully it will be warmer this weekend, I would like to go both days but may have an obligation one of them.
SkyBird

philmottrek99and02:
Tanks. Would not be the first time we have been to a hooters!

Doesn't need to be the first time :D I always goto Hooters on my Birthday!

Well, I just about have everything lined up so I can dive Saturday, but it will be in the afternoon. Will anyone still be around then, say around 1:00 pm. I know that most people at the Madison quarry was finishing up their second dive around 1 or 2. The Bama game will probably be done by then anyway and I know that everyone will probably wait until it is over before going diving! :)

Does the Moulton quarry have air or would I need to bring two tanks, if anyone is left for afternoon diving that is.

rdharbis1:
Does the Moulton quarry have air or would I need to bring two tanks, if anyone is left for afternoon diving that is.

They guys running the place have air and rental tanks...
I think their compressor is a portable model they bring out.

But it's a long drive to get there and find out they are out of tanks
due to a class or the portable compressor isn't there. So if
it was me, I'd take my tanks.

I think I had read that in another thread concerning Moulton quarry, just wanted to verify. The LDS in Decatur is on the way for me, I am planning on stopping there. I want to visit their shop, I have never been in it.
Haven't seen you post much about going anywhere this weekend, in fact, last post I read from you, you were with the flu or something. Hope you are feeling better. Are you going anywhere this weekend: Oktoberfest, Blue water, Moulton, etc?

rdharbis1:
I think I had read that in another thread concerning Moulton quarry, just wanted to verify. The LDS in Decatur is on the way for me, I am planning on stopping there. I want to visit their shop, I have never been in it.
Haven't seen you post much about going anywhere this weekend, in fact, last post I read from you, you were with the flu or something. Hope you are feeling better. Are you going anywhere this weekend: Oktoberfest, Blue water, Moulton, etc?

I dove the springs in Florida last week with SeaYoda from Scubaboard.
I'm over the flu, but don't know what the weekend has for plans yet.
I thought about going to Oktoberfest at Vortex, but decided against
driving down two weekends in a row. I burned $180 worth of
gas on that trip in my Tahoe, and that was a deciding factor.
We might do a 'road trip' down for a dive next month though.

As for the air fills on site, Kevin (the manager) told me there were going
to do them and FloDiver (shaun) told me he rented tanks there.
But they use a portable compressor that is gas operated, so you
always run the chance of it not being there or not the best quality
of air (with a gas compressor). I always just bring my tanks most
places because of stuff like that. For example, several times over the
past years Rock Divers had oil leaks in their compressors. Get a fill
from a compressor with an oil leak or gas fumes, then your tank has
to be cleaned, not to mention your regulator. It's not much good on
the breathing system either. So I tend to shy away from places
with questionable air systems.

You said you had never been to the store in Decatur. It's a pretty
good store and they've got a good air system. I'm sure you know
it's on the Beltline in Decatur, but to get into their parking lot,
turn at Moadus Rd redlight and take Moadus Rd about 50 yards
to the next red light behind their store. You enter their parking
lot from the rear of the store at that redlight (in front of Home Depot).
hope that helps.

-Mike

Moulton quarry has air and I know several people ( including me0 who will be there in the afternoon, in fact i probalby won't get there till 12 or 1. There will be plenty of people to dive with.

Hey RD - I may be there on Saturday - just not sure yet - my other "hobby" is calling me to get on the river and fish :D

Shaun

rdharbis1:

Hey FloDiver - Fishin' is good! If I wasn't going to the quarry, I would be going fishing tomorrow evening. If I didn't have some yard work in the morning, I think I would have gone fishing and then diving. Hope you catch a bunch. Are you fishing pickwick?

Anyway, I will be at the quarry about 2 pm and it appears I should be able to find someone to dive with, hope so. For future discussion, we need to talk about river diving. I have had people say it is not good but I am going to have to be the judge of that.

Roll Tide!

randy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom