Moulton Quarry this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skybird

Reaction score
Going to try to get in a few more dives before it is too cold. Going to Moulton this weekend. My daughter is coming down for the weekend and I am going to take her to have a free intro dive. I would really like to get her addicted too. Does that make me a bad mother?

Am planning on going Down the big tunnel, and not just up it. A friend ( who helped get me in diving) said she is going to do it this weekend for the first time, so I told her if she could do it, so can I. We will see.

SkyBird

Looking forward to reading your trip report. I live in Huntsville when not down here in Hattiesburg. SInce the Madison quarry is temporarily closed, the Moulton quarry might be a pretty good option.

Wish I could dive this weekend, but I blew out my left ear 2 weeks ago. I plan on going to Blue Water on the 22nd (if I get the OK from my doctor that is). Lets us know how it goes and what the water temps are.

The weather was supposed to have been MUCH nicer this weekend than it was. Guess I am a REAL diver now, since I decided to dive anyway. The visibility at the quarry this weekend was unbelievable! Water was warm enough ( about 75 f in the shallows) WE had a big fire going so wasn't too bad when we came out. Hoping the weather will cooperate for next weekend. Tony told me he almost called me Wednesday night as they were doing a night dive for someone who is finishing up his AOW. He is a policeman in Birmingham, so they were trying to fit it into his schedule. Tony said he was afraid to call me because if I couldn't go ( which was the greater possibility) that we was afraid I would have cried all night. Guess he knows how much I loved my night dive. They are planning to be at the quarry again next weekend, and I plan to at least one of the days, think i have an obligation for either saturday or sunday. Hope to see some of oyou there.

SkyBird

Hey Sky -

Was planning on coming out but that wind was a little too chilly for me :D

Maybe next weekend I'll make it - much longer and the drysuits will be needed

Shaun

Are there many who come out on weekends, like on Saturday. I really want to go diving and my buddy has gone for 6 months of training in Az. I am uncertain if I can go at this point, but would it be out of place or difficult to become a part of another dive group if I did show up? I am a cold weather weenie and I want to dive at least once more before hibernating!

rdharbis1:
Are there many who come out on weekends, like on Saturday. I really want to go diving and my buddy has gone for 6 months of training in Az. I am uncertain if I can go at this point, but would it be out of place or difficult to become a part of another dive group if I did show up? I am a cold weather weenie and I want to dive at least once more before hibernating!

I think we met at the Madison Quarry the last dive days they had there. I'm always looking for someone to dive with - your welcome anytime with me. I'm like you tho'
much colder and I'm out. Let me know. Don't know if you do much diving in the rivers - I'm always up for that too!

Shaun

Yep, I remember Shaun, but I forgot your username on the board. I have two things to take care of in order to go this weekend, if I can get them taken care of before Saturday morning, I am going (and I will need a buddy).
One reason I was so excited about diving, and I still am, was that once certified, I could dive the river, Smith Lake, Joe's pond, pretty much where I wanted. But unless you have someone else who shares that desire... I am not a solo diver, not yet anyway! I would love to figure how and where to dive the Tenn. River. It is so much water that there has to be some good diving somewhere, somehow. Maybe if things work out this weekend we can toss the idea around some.

Hoping for Saturday,
Randy

My son and I are diving the Pelham Dive Site this Saturday after lunch. All are welcome to join us. We are celebrating his 21st birthday!

philmottrek99and02:
My son and I are diving the Pelham Dive Site this Saturday after lunch. All are welcome to join us. We are celebrating his 21st birthday!

There's a Hooters down the road perfect for that :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom