Most Pointless and Ridiculous Thread Ever on ScubaBoard!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PDIC's Tek Nitrox class includes decompression training. PDIC's philosophy is the "complete course concept" for all levels of diving. For example, in PDIC open water courses the student should receive all pertinent rescue training. For the advanced nitrox/deco classes, the PDIC title is Tek Nitrox which suggests a max ppO2 of 1.4 ATA on Nitrox 26. Decompression is suggested to be no greater than 30 minutes in open water environments. The minimum age for the course is 18 years of age. Deco gases are from Nitrox 40 to 100% O2 for deco.

Once I took the job of technical training director, I removed this course from current training for new technical instructors. Older technical instructors teaching thius program may still continue to do so, but PDIC's official push is that the student must pass a tek prep course and then may enter Tech 1: Triox with 30/30 and 25/25 and 1 deco bottle or Cave 1 which is like intro in doubles with 1 jump.

Thanks Trace.

PDIC's Tek Nitrox class includes decompression training. PDIC's philosophy is the "complete course concept" for all levels of diving. For example, in PDIC open water courses the student should receive all pertinent rescue training. For the advanced nitrox/deco classes, the PDIC title is Tek Nitrox which suggests a max ppO2 of 1.4 ATA on Nitrox 26. Decompression is suggested to be no greater than 30 minutes in open water environments. The minimum age for the course is 18 years of age. Deco gases are from Nitrox 40 to 100% O2 for deco.

Once I took the job of technical training director, I removed this course from current training for new technical instructors. Older technical instructors teaching thius program may still continue to do so, but PDIC's official push is that the student must pass a tek prep course and then may enter Tech 1: Triox with 30/30 and 25/25 and 1 deco bottle or Cave 1 which is like intro in doubles with 1 jump.

Trace, pardon me, but . . .
[ignorance] Where did "PDIC" come from? I hadn't heard of y'all before. [/ignorance]

I started with the local NAUI, did Nitrox with PADI, and then when I came back after my minor interruption, our local guy is now SDI.

The "complete course concept" sounds interesting, and seems to answer the many arguments about other agencies making shorter and more simple courses for this very complex sport.

I only scanned the web -- sorry. :(

:shocked2: Did I just violate the thread by posting something with a point?

:sprint:

Atomic_Diver's Opinion: :police: All posts that are related to training should be taken elsewhere, and deleted of this thread since it is taking all the fun from it...

Atomic_Diver's Opinion: :police: All posts that are related to training should be taken elsewhere, and deleted of this thread since it is taking all the fun from it...

I hate to say it man but you started a thread where the intent was to post anything just to get the post count up. I would say they fit the bill.

I hate to say it man but you started a thread where the intent was to post anything just to get the post count up. I would say they fit the bill.
:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom