most intresting place you ever dove and why??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

liquid skys

Reaction score
well since im new around here i would like to start out easy.. hee hee just was wondering were the best places you have ever took a dive and why you thought it was the best!! i have been on quite a few dives now and so far each and every one stands out in my mind as WONDERFUL.. each dive seems to offer a little more then the last no matter the location!.. take care!!

:)

:rolleyes:

Well, you pretty much said it...every dive is wonderful and there's something about every dive that makes it stand out.

The first time I connected with an octopus is probably one of the most memorable. As I was trying to photograph an Arrow Crab, I suddenly noticed this strange looking eye watching me. It was well hidden in a small coral head. I laid in the sand to just watch it awhile and it extended its tentacle and started exploring me... my fingers, up my arm, around my mask, reg and ears. The whole time it's eye never left mine. I still get goose bumps when I think of it.

Another one that I'll always remember was summer of 2000 at the Flower Gardens when I saw my first Whale Shark. It just appeared out of the 60ft vis and was just as curious about us as we were of it so it hung around and let us get really close.

you can't ask that! It's like asking what was the best pint of beer you've ever had!!!!

As for best place for diving for me so far - has to be the Red Sea, all the aquatic life and fantastic wrecks.

Plenty of memorable bits from just about every dive, far too many to mention.

Jonathan

I had a lot of wanderfull dives, but since the question was what was the most "interesting" dive I'd say a dive to several Ancient (300-2000 years old) wrecks. About 4 of them in one dive in a spot that used to be a natural harbopr (actualy still is, coming to think about it, as there are few boats anchoring there as I write this message). Saw a napolionic cannon there as well (it was a spot where parts of Npolieon's army left Israel some 300 years ago), and in a nearby exhibition, there are many napolienic wepouns. I liked most the ancient (over 2000 yeaqrs old) boat that I saw there. And it all was in one dive!

I dove the wreck of the H.M.S. Maori in Marsamxett Harbor, Malta several times. It was a WWII destroyer which played pivotal roles in the North Atlantic campaign and, later, the defence of Malta.

The locals claim that the Maori was the ship which reacquired the German battleship Bismarck as the Bismarck fled the Allied fleet. The Bismarck had caused massive losses to the North Atlantic supply lines. It sank the H.M.S. Hood, one of the mightiest Allied warships, with a single shot.

For me it would boat diving off of the Oregon Coast at a place called Three Arches. Every dive was different and something new and intersting behind every rock and at different depths.

Scott

man i wish i could of seen and been in each and everyone of those dives you've all shared..

jonathan-- i know i know it was kinda a crazy question but im new around here and wanted to start out somewere. :rolleyes:
i think the Red Sea would be grea diving i remeber studying it in school and i remeber back then thinking WOW what if..
maybe on day i can get out there but probably not anytime soon for now kinda stuck diven around and in the states!!!

Liquid--- WOW. thank you for sharing that story. i can only emagin the feelins that wopuld of been rushing through me as you look over the wrecks of anceint ruins.. that would be totaly a GREAT experience..
i have only dove to a couple wrecks and i think i woul have to say the coolest was a wreck of a Crane that had fallen from the "blue water bridge" that conects michigan with canada it had broke off the side of the bridge during construction. was a really cool dive some really under-water life in and around the wreck!!

each dive is a new and eye opening expeience.
being under makes me feel so free and stressless. i totaly love it and enjoy just soaking it in..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom