Most dangerous newbie mistakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boulder, that was one of the best posts I have seen on here in a long time. Thank you for that.

I have to say it's not always so black and white... I've also had it happen that I jump into the water... take a deep breath...and no air...

Reason why... I always religiously will check my pressure and take some breaths from my regulator. EXCEPT.. during winter times... where breathing out of the water from your regulator will increase the risk of freezing and freeflow.

As far as I know there is nothing wrong with inhaling from the reg. You do not suppose to exhale into the reg so the moisture from the air you exhale does not get into the reg. The only reason why it would freeze in this case is when you get moisture in the 1 st stage and in the tank. But if it does freeze you know that you have moisture inside. Where am I wrong ? :)

Back
Top Bottom