Most Common Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi rescuediver009,

...by the way, I also own a single OMS/Faber 112...as well as a single PST HP E8-130 and PST HP E7-120. The E8-120 and OMS 112 are almost identical in dimension/weight......I've dove the PST E8-130 a few times in the lake.......and I'm diving the OMS 112 in the lake tomorrow for the 1st time ( it's been in the pool twice).

At this point I don't think I want to mess with the weight/bulk of either of those tanks doubled up.....the air capacity is very tempting, but I only weigh 140 lbs, so I have to draw the line somewhere.

There's a chance I might be interested in doubles in LP95's, or maybe the PST E7-120s, but I think that's my maximum limit.....I dove LP95's twinsets in my Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures class, kinda heavy, although I got used to them over the course of that weekend......but I found them too 'short' when it came time to do valve-drills. The PST E7-120's are a nice 'thin' 7.25" diameter, making a compact twinset......but their length is about at my maximum limit.....I've dove an E7-120 successfully at the lake, and with Liquid Blue Divers in Cozumel last Oct....so my main concern with them would be weight....they weigh in @ 47 lbs each full, not counting isolation manifold...with that they'd probably hit 100 lbs total.

If I had to bet money right now, I'll probably end up going with either another LP 85 OMS twinset, or maybe a PST E7-100 twinset.

Karl

Back
Top Bottom