morrits tortuga club Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at Moritt's, and used Tortuga Divers, a couple of years ago. Unless things have changed, they take you out on a very large boat to the dive sites. (Some would say cattle boat) But they had enough dive masters on the boat, and enough space, to move around. They also took you down in small groups of 6 or less per DM. The DMs seemed to know the sites pretty well, and were all very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend them if you were diving that side of the island, and I didn't really feel like I was on a cattle boat.

-Trent

Thanks everyone! My wife and I will be going to Grand Cayman in March, and we are newly certified PADI open water divers.

We will be staying at morritt's, so this all looks to be perfect for us. We are excited!
--Alex

As new divers, you definitely want to sign up for the StingRay City dive. Nothing like kneeling in 15 feet of water with stingrays swimming all around. I had one going for my forehead. I didn't want a hickey and I have lost enough hair on my extended forehead, so I pushed her away. It is an AWESOME dive. I am delegated to stingray snorkels with my family, but I often dream about my Stingray dive back in '96.

You should enjoy yourself with Tortuga Divers. If you are a Morritt's owner, you will get 20% off you dives. If you are not an owner, you can get a discount by pre-booking your reservations. You will want to pre-book, either way to make sure that you get the days of diving that you want. I waited until arrival one time an almost didn't get to dive.

If you haven't experienced a night dive before, you really should give it a shot. Most night dives are my favorite dives. It's a whole different world underwater at night. You can even use your dive lights to do a night snorkel around the dock at Morritt's.

Have fun!!!

Back
Top Bottom