Morrison Springs Debacle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gotta disagree with this one. If they want the concrete shelter, then they ALL show up early. Don't send someone down to set in and holler this seat is saved. I also agree with Todd, if my gear is sitting somewhere, don't touch it. If you do it had better be a life and death situation. Otherwise, we are gonna have some very ugly words.

I agree with this.

I'm not saying it happened in this case, but I also think that it's unreasonable for someone to grab a bench or something to gear up and expect it to stay reserved and unused the entire time they're in the water while other people have to gear up in their car, on the ground, etc. When you're done gearing up, put the rest of your stuff away so others can use the benches too. It's not that hard to share and show a little courtesy.

I agree with this.

I'm not saying it happened in this case, but I also think that it's unreasonable for someone to grab a bench or something to gear up and expect it to stay reserved and unused the entire time they're in the water while other people have to gear up in their car, on the ground, etc. When you're done gearing up, put the rest of your stuff away so others can use the benches too. It's not that hard to share and show a little courtesy.

I agree Cave, except that when I have had my classes move their gear off tables onto the ground to extend a little courtesy, it wasn't offered back. Gear was left on all the tables with guards on it. Oh well, life goes on. It was a shame that their gear was sitting beside the grill that was being used to grill hamburgers and hot dogs. They were really drooling. Guess that served as it's own revenge.

Gotta disagree with this one. If they want the concrete shelter, then they ALL show up early. Don't send someone down to set in and holler this seat is saved.

I don't know if thats how it went down and thats not implied in my post.

I know, when I was there, an older couple had much of the pavillion saved for their group. This group was in the water(onsite). I don't know if the entire group got their earlier than Todd's group or not, but I assume they did...

I don't see anything wrong with a couple saving seats for their group, while said group is in the water. Sure, its cool to share, but there are no rules that require politeness. Get onsite earlier. I geared up at my car, and have no issues at all with doing so, as I got their later than the early birds.

I see wrong in said couple interupting someone elses class, but I don't think many are arguing that point.

Nothing wrong with holding the pavillion, they were all there first. SuPrBuGmAn, I cannot agree more with your last statement, that was in fact my main complaint.

Last edited:
Ohh, By the way, talked to George at Sea Divers, he seems like a really nice guy, This was simply an example of an overtasked DM being more aggressive than needed.

I usually have no problem gearing up on the ground or the car except I try to obey the "no parking" signs on the curb. I recently had a baby (2 mths. ago) and I have been cleared for diving, but not supposed to be lifting heavy objects. It would have been nice to have a table to sit my gear on so I could put it on. Since there was not a table, I did what I absolutely hate doing, ask for help. Oh well I will get over it.

Back
Top Bottom