Morrison Springs Debacle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you didn't attack anyone, then man up and take Tony and Dive Locker (innocent victiams here) out of your post.

Whatever buddy :eyes:

EDIT - Responding to What was added later into post.

Again. What ever pal. You seem to be missing the point and going off subject. Not saying anyone isn't a stand up guy. Have I attacked anyone? No. Just making sure Sea Divers doesn't get hurt by a flame war on ScubaBoard brought on by overzealous people such as yourself. Am sure you're just defending your LDS as I am mine and Im not getting into a pissing match over this, but don't read more into my posts than what's there and say Im insulting anyone.

Thank You

Okay folks,

For the last time, I did not know who the lady was at the springs, the only way I could ID her was by saying where she was sitting. By the big banner that said Sea Divers... I should have clarified that way more in my first post. Not that all of the divers at Sea Divers were awful people... like anywhere I am sure there are good and bad.

The long and short of it was simply that I saw behavior that I thought was ridiculous, not just once, but several times from the same person in a matter of two surface intervals and briefings. Seemed Excessive... but still the actions of one person, not a whole group, this shop versus shop stuff is silly, its the same as saying everyone in New York is bad just because there are gangs there, the logic does not work. As for the DL, and Tony, you cant blame them for me not being impressed with Mary's behavior at the springs as both were in Panama City Beach, not Morrison Spring. I really wish these attempts to divert the issue would be dropped so the whole subject could be dropped. Mary acted in a way that made my jaw drop, nothing negative has been said about the sea divers, except about actions by some of them on this board. My point was treat other people the way you want to be treated on the dive sites, to quote some one from earlier, another moral learned from "childhood". It just seems silly to be rude and inflexible when in public, and it can make the whole shop look bad. Also, I hate the whole respect your elders stuff, respect people who command respect, just not dying does not quite do it. I grew up in a small town where the public opinion was exactly that, ohh they're just old... No! Being old does not give you free license to act however you want, and the excuse "well that's how we always do it" doesn't cut it. The tables thing was rude, the interrupting was rude, the trash by the pavilion was inconsiderate, whether they put it there or not, or were going to clean it up later or not, and the telling kids no was rude, several missed opportunities for Mary directly to have done things better, that is all I was saying.

Now, on my part, I could have called their shop to voice my complaint... after all, I had no idea who she was. I was just aggravated, and wanted to post my opinion of what I had seen, I still stand by that opinion, and even had I called them, I would have also posted.

Wayward, I feel the same way about getting old, it's scary as all get out, and I will be right there in the old folks home with you, happy as a clam not remembering yesterday if I make it to old age. I'm sorry that this has been so taken out of context, since I know this is your LDS that she is associated with, but only because it is you. You have represented yourself and your shop very well, and I completely believe you when you say it is a good shop. I cannot think you would be a patron otherwise.

And just so there is no mistake, this is the sole opinion of Todd Yarbrough and in no way reflects the views or opinions of The Dive Locker, Tony Snow, or anyone else affiliated with that or any other dive shop anywhere in the United States or elsewhere, Big Bird, Earnie... Daffy Duck, or Donald Duck. My Mom, Dad or little Sister, or anyone else real or fictional anywhere in this or any other world, I think that about covers it.

(It's okay to laugh, the disclaimer was meant to be funny, on some levels. I always had an odd sense of humor, so it's just easier to tell people when I'm joking.)

Todd Yarbrough

Last edited:
Fish Food,

I read it and can tell you are not trying to do anything other than defend your shop, which is admirable and should not be needed, a shop did nothing wrong that day. Dive shops are great places, fun places, people make the mistakes, not shops, and everyone is entitled to a few, and no shop should suffer because of one unless it hurts, maims or kills someone, which this did not do. Nothing important was done wrong, no standards were broken and no one was endangered. I do wish you had left Tony out of it, but I understand what you were saying. I also see how it is being misconstrued. So everyone stop, not a shop versus shop issue, its a Todd Vs Rude Behavior issue

Whatever buddy :eyes:

EDIT - Responding to What was added later into post.

Again. What ever pal. You seem to be missing the point and going off subject. Not saying anyone isn't a stand up guy. Have I attacked anyone? No. Just making sure Sea Divers doesn't get hurt by a flame war on ScubaBoard brought on by overzealous people such as yourself. Am sure you're just defending your LDS as I am mine and Im not getting into a pissing match over this, but don't read more into my posts than what's there and say Im insulting anyone.

Thank You
I actually think more damage is being done by the reaction to the criticism than the original post. I bet most of us didnt think anything unusual abotu Sea Divers. We all do stupid stuff. Its whether you learn from it.

Fish Food,

I read it and can tell you are not trying to do anything other than defend your shop, which is admirable and should not be needed, a shop did nothing wrong that day. Dive shops are great places, fun places, people make the mistakes, not shops, and everyone is entitled to a few, and no shop should suffer because of one unless it hurts, maims or kills someone, which this did not do. Nothing important was done wrong, no standards were broken and no one was endangered. I do wish you had left Tony out of it, but I understand what you were saying. I also see how it is being misconstrued. So everyone stop, not a shop versus shop issue, its a Todd Vs Rude Behavior issue

Todd you are showing that you are a class act. One reason I always stop in when I'm in PC. You will always get some of my business when I'm in that area.

I concur. Todd has always been friendly. I only deal with Dive Locker now.

Can't we all just get along.

neouy6.gif

For the record, my students were not tucked into the concrete, they were sitting on the concrete.

Whew, thought you and just developed a new Mafia specialty class.

I was at Morrison when this event happened as well. If someone wants to get onsite early and claim an area, I don't have a big issue with that - they had a group there and were making provisions for their group. .

Gotta disagree with this one. If they want the concrete shelter, then they ALL show up early. Don't send someone down to set in and holler this seat is saved. I also agree with Todd, if my gear is sitting somewhere, don't touch it. If you do it had better be a life and death situation. Otherwise, we are gonna have some very ugly words.

Back
Top Bottom