Morrison Springs and Destin Jetties Reports for 6-25 & 6-26-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a great time. Morrison was beautiful as usual. SBM did not mention he coined the universal hand signal for bowling ball. I think that was a fine moment in history.

The Destin trip was the first time this year diving sans neopreane, ahhhhh joy and freedom from that stupid hood.

Good seeing all of you!

Sorry I missed you Saturday SeaYoda.

Re: cypress

Yep, and I only found it after starting from the bottom also. Much closer ramp.

CD_in_Chitown:
First we put in at a little creek that crosses 79 NNW of Cypress, the water looked passable, we were going to walk the dinghy down through the trees/swamp.

LOL :)

We know that trip very very well. 12-28-4, I didn't even have to look at my log book for that date, we pulled the very same trip. Took 6-7 hours of paddling with a few stops for resting and a quick dip in Becton(which was completely flooded at the time). We didn't know the way and ended up back tracking several times. We did end up at Cypress, about 30min before sundown. Needless to say, it was dark when we pulled our canoe's back up to the launch on 79.

Like SeaYoda, darcy, and jviehe stated, you can launch about a mile downstream from Cypress on a boat launch on 277. The launch puts you within 10min of Becton(downstream) and 20min of Cypress(upstream).

Let me know when you guys come back down.

Great Report Mat, I had a blast diving with ya'll. I have never seen morrison so clear. Glad to see that turtle picture came out. That turtle was so cool, it was definately checking us out. Great shot on the flounder too. I am glad to see a shot of me diving in a T-shirt and jeans. :) It was great to be able to not wear a 7 mil.

Thanks for Diving with me SY. That puffer shot is amazing. I decided not to go out on the boat today either, but Kyle went out and had a great time. Look forward to the next time I am down there.

Matt

Corigan:
...Thanks for Diving with me SY. That puffer shot is amazing. I decided not to go out on the boat today either, but Kyle went out and had a great time. Look forward to the next time I am down there.

Matt

Thanks for the invitation! I had a great time, I was just a little afraid of the weather on Tuesday - I guess Kyle had to break the jinks :D. I debated on trying the jetties but I had such a good day on Monday I couldn't bring myself to pushing my luck.

Missed you too Darcy!

Glad you liked the puffer jviehe.

Aucilla:
What a splendid report! Thanks! And the pix were really cool too. Great vis indeed!

So when are ya gonna come meet up with us on a dive? :) Pull WaterDawg outta that Scuba shop he's working at and drag him along with ya :D

Nice report! I have only dove Morrison Springs once, for my OW stuff. So I really don't remember too much about it. Hope to make it back there some time soon, especially since it isn't too far away.

Mel

Welcome to ScubaBoard Mel

Hope you join us for some dives some time or another. Like you said, you aren't far from alot of the dives we goto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom