Morrison Springs 6-3-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
he might not have told the wife he was takin' off from work...

just leave the same time every day and go diving instead!

Take your own advice! :wink:

Actually going to work every day instead of work sounds like a good idea:D Well, not sure if I'll make it on Sat, I just started DMing for one of the local instructors and we have the open water dive portion this weekend, not sure on date though.

Hey guys, I'm going up to Morrison tommorow for diving, if anyones game. Never been there before though, can anyone give me good directions?

early morning, not to sure on exact time yet. Id have to check with all my other guys and found out when they plan to start meeting up. I've heard 2 differant things about the diving there, is it free or not? Most people have told me it is, but theres a website for morrison that says theres a dive shop and that they charge like 20$.

the best thing would be if you had google earth, I could just give you a placemark, that you could use on yours.

next best thing, from interstate 10, get off at the Ponce De Leon Exit, go south on 81, on your left, probably two miles down is CR 181, take that about a mile, and on your left (it is listed wrong on both google earth and gmaps) there is Morrison Spring rd. Follow that to the fork, go left. that will turn to a clay road, and bring you to the spring.

Knight1989:
early morning, not to sure on exact time yet. Id have to check with all my other guys and found out when they plan to start meeting up. I've heard 2 differant things about the diving there, is it free or not? Most people have told me it is, but theres a website for morrison that says theres a dive shop and that they charge like 20$.

used to be a shop, it is now close, and everything is free. The bathrooms are open and nasty, the shop is empty, and the compressor is gone. There is no air to buy for several miles, unless you go to Vortex, who charge 7 dollars.

cool, thanks for the info. Glad its free, hate the idea of paying to go dive. How do we get there, I know we take the same exit as vortex but go south rather than north, what else after that?

never mind, didnt see that you posted directions above, thanks

you don't have to get there via 10, if you come up from 98. take 331 north to freeport, 20 east, to 81 north. it is a ways up, but now 181 is on the right, and from there, the directions are the same.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom