Morrison Spring dive report 2/26/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corigan:
...once I recieved a phone signal so I could call scubatech, I found out the charter was cancelled today...
Larry and Tyler were supposed to go to Vortex today for class. When they went in the gulf on Saturday it was a little rough so the students got in and out quickly. They had kind-of a rescue drill while there too - one student didn't do too well and passed out. They had to get him aboard with some rocky seas. They gave him some O2 and all is well. All this just off shore in 20' of water. Good thing you didn't go today.

It would of been a really crummy day at vortex today too. It would have been miserable in all that rain. I have a picture of us all geared up..

Matt

Guess I missed you all again at Morrison. We were slow getting up and didn't make it till after 11:30ish. There were several classes going on from FSU. Luckily they were in the open water area and not the Cavern/cave area. The inside was beautiful. There must have been 20 or more catfish up on the shelf where you couldn't make it even no-mount. Not sure if you saw the 4'10" girl in doubles; that was me! Hopefully we meet up next time!!!

Corigan:
It would of been a really crummy day at vortex today too. It would have been miserable in all that rain. I have a picture of us all geared up..

Matt
Check out that goofy look on my face :D. I like the Mickey Mouse ears on my head too.

SeaYoda:
Check out that goofy look on my face :D. I like the Mickey Mouse ears on my head too.

LOL. I have a grin from ear to ear in all the pictures we have of me. I was just happy to be back in action after the ear infection.

Matt

I guess that explains why I didnt run into any of you at Vortex. I was looking though. I am surprised I didnt run into anybody at Sally's. I probably had 5 different meals there. Awesome place.

Yeah Sallys is nice, there were a bunch of divers there when we went.

Had a great time and was happy to dust off my doubles.

diverbob:
I guess that explains why I didnt run into any of you at Vortex. I was looking though. I am surprised I didnt run into anybody at Sally's. I probably had 5 different meals there. Awesome place.

Kyle, his instructor friend, my GF, and I all camped at Vortex Friday and Saturday night. Kyle and I also dove at vortex Sat. afternoon around 3:30-4 and also did a night dive around 9. We were all over the showers and the shop on Sat. Afternoon. I was getting my nitrox fills at the shop all weekend as well. We had tents sent up at campsites 8 and 9 the whole time we were down there. We ripped them down in the rain Sun. morning. Sorry we missed you,

Matt

Awesome post! A buddy and myself were thinking of going up to Morrison this Saturday (3/5). I have never been up there but I have heard so many great things and this post makes me even more excited.

Is a dive flag required up there at all? Some people have said yes, while others no...

Biggen:
Is a dive flag required up there at all? Some people have said yes, while others no...

Yes carry a diveflag, it's state law in florida. We didn't use one this weekend as there were already about 6 in the water from all the classes and people that were out there. It pretty much covered the whole basin.. :) I have dove up there when it is totally tannic, and have seen boaters coming in and out in that condition.

As for diving up there this weekend. Keep an eye on the river levels. If the water levels get over 7' it is pretty full of tannic. It makes the river look like sweet tea. Do a search on morrison and you will see some posts. From what SuprBugMan was stating he is thinking that morrisons will be flooded out next weekend. That means it will be sweet tea until you hit the cavern.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom