Morrison Report aka Hazard Diver Speciality Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anybody been to Morrison since the down pour we got last weekend? I'm guessing it is shot, but haven't been by to check.

Good catch. If it rains, just assume morrison is toast.

So how do you feel about Blue Grotto or Ginnie Springs. They are both overhead caverns but are used by hundreds of OW divers every year and are advertised that way. Ginnie has so much flow that it is impossible to kick up silt. There are nothing but small pieces of limestone on the floor.

Don't make this a cave diving argument please. Plenty of other threads for that.

Can you elaborate, for those new divers who might not understand what about the gear rig/trim was wrong? Do you remember timepoints in the video that you can reference?

250 and 350 to start. 250 it appears that his SPG is behind his right shoulder. I have no idea how he could track his pressure and then you have the entanglement issues in 250 and 350 just to start.

I am not trying to nic pick things just two quick places that I noticed something

Sorry to be an ass but I saw a diver in the video who had no business going into an over head environment. Gear rig was all wrong and trim was awful.

Please get the proper training before doing it again.

I've been to Morrison many times... the cavern at 80' is not overhead. The only problem can be a rapid outflow at times which you have to work against. Other than that it is just a rise to the surface.

250 and 350 to start. 250 it appears that his SPG is behind his right shoulder. I have no idea how he could track his pressure and then you have the entanglement issues in 250 and 350 just to start.

I am not trying to nic pick things just two quick places that I noticed something

That's his alt reg. His SPG is attached to a d ring on the left side with a bolt snap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom