Morrison Report aka Hazard Diver Speciality Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a certified cave diver. But no, there were no signs about bacteria on the day I was there.
Well then you know better to take your cousin inside who is obviously not. Even an instructor I see.

But you seriously saw no signs? Crazy. That is actually pretty shocking. I wonder if someone had removed them.

Well then you know better to take your cousin inside who is obviously not. Even an instructor I see.

But you seriously saw no signs? Crazy. That is actually pretty shocking. I wonder if someone had removed them.

No signs, and since there were two other groups of divers and a few families swimming, that would indicate we didn't simply miss them. But as to cavern diving, I don't want to argue it. I was just correcting your assumption.

No signs, and since there were two other groups of divers and a few families swimming, that would indicate we didn't simply miss them. But as to cavern diving, I don't want to argue it. I was just correcting your assumption.

Not gonna argue.

I am serious though. I wonder if someone removed them because they wanted to swim? Or some other reason maybe.

Not sure. IMO, the gate should be closed in any case, though I suppose some people might want to just come and hang out.

Couldn't they still close the gate, put a big "DO NOT ENTER THE WATER" sign up on the gate, and let people who want to use the picnic area go ahead?

Yeah, I mean they said they had signs on the tables, that would probably be good enough. Im sure I would have seen something if it was there. I dont like having to close off the entire park, even though its primarily about swimming. I was more upset that there didnt appear to be any warning. Its entirely possible that 15 people simply missed the signs.

Apparently additional water test results were supposed to be back yesterday, and a copy should be mailed to one of my co-workers/fellow diver soon. If anyone else has inquired and has an update before me, I would greatly appreciate if they'd post it here.

Apparently Morrison still hasn't passed water testing, but they're re-drawing.

Ban was lifted. I dove Sunday with someone from the Walton County Sheriff's office in attendance. Other than the water being cold and some yahoo trying to roll a metal picnic table out of the depths and up to shore, which dusted up a lot of silt, it was a great dive.

Ban was lifted. I dove Sunday with someone from the Walton County Sheriff's office in attendance. Other than the water being cold and some yahoo trying to roll a metal picnic table out of the depths and up to shore, which dusted up a lot of silt, it was a great dive.

Awesome. I didn't die, so I guess we evaded the bacteria successfully.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom