Morrison in cavern pic experiment 10/13/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fred what's the range on your plane? How far away can you fly it?

Until it crashes...

oh, wait, some JERK seems to have beat me to that answer.

They say these have a range of about two miles. It very much depends on the plane and how you set it up. Obviously the smaller the plane, the harder it is to see at a distance, so that's your limiting factor usually there. They sell different styles of receivers, so some have better range than others.

There are some people, who report that with FPV (first person view, they have a camera on the plane, that transmits a video back to the person flying in real time) they have gone 10+ miles.

Height is also similarly limited. The higher you go, the more risk you have of getting stuck in winds that are too powerful for the plane to get out of. Visibility is also an issue here as well. Also there's full scale aircraft to consider. I have seen videos of planes that guys have taken up to several thousand feet. Confirmed with equipment they installed on the airplanes.

But for me, I usually fly within a hundred or two feet from the ground, I doubt I've been higher than 300 or 400 feet. I've always kept it within a half mile of myself.

I don't just hate you...

is that close enough?

put some "grrrrr" with that. :thumb:

DSC01595copy-1.jpg

When I saw you had posted, I was going to come in here and say, Great Job!

Now, I just loathe you....

Loathe is a strong word...but acceptable under the circumstances...

Back
Top Bottom