Morrison Dive Report 6/10/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No memory? - at your age too! :D

Sorry, there were no sharks alive or dead on the dive.

I did see some of those puffers OOOOOO-Noooooo!

photohikedive:
After the dive, I decided to work on my freediving skills. I was able to make it down to the log several times, then I was able to rest on the log for a moment, then push off. Finally I made two trips under the log. The secret was the weight belt I was cheating with. It was heavy enough that I was able to make my decents without kicking, but not so heavy that I had to fight to get to the surface.

You may want to rethink freediving after diving. Unless you can guaruntee your ascent rate from a free dive is 60ft/min or less you could be risking DCS because of residual nitrogen. I think DAN did a study on this and showed some problems.

photohikedive:
what happened to the pennies?

I had lunch with 'em. The amount of dives bugman makes there that little gnome is paying out about $100 a month, jk :D

Great report, sounds like an enviable good time.

jviehe:
You may want to rethink freediving after diving. Unless you can guaruntee your ascent rate from a free dive is 60ft/min or less you could be risking DCS because of residual nitrogen. I think DAN did a study on this and showed some problems.

I had thought about that some. Right after the dive I did a 30 minute surface snorkel. There was a bit of a SI, then I did some shallow (10') freedives. I spent a little more time on shore, then back for the deeper ones. All my ascents were "slow" at about the rate of my bubbles coming up. If I recall my OW training right, there was something about not ascending faster than your slowest bubble.

CD_in_Chitown:
I had lunch with 'em. The amount of dives bugman makes there that little gnome is paying out about $100 a month, jk...

Mystery solved, and the cavern gods will be angry! That might be why they destroyed the goose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom