Morehead City, NC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,
Lastly, my gear is all new now and I need to get a check out dive or two on it before going on the charters. Any suggestions who to see or where to dive for that.
Greatly appreciate any help/advise.

Where are you located, or where will you be located? Your location just says "USA". If you're not far from Raleigh, Gypsy Divers has a pool you can use for a small fee (call ahead to see when you can use it). Fantasy Lake, just north of Raleigh, is a quarry that's very good for checkout dives. Others will have to help with locations farther east.

Thank you Captain Doug.

---------- Post Merged at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:00 AM ----------

I am in Swansboro, North Carolina not far from Beaufort. Will probably want to do my checkouts in salt water to match what I will be diving(mostly for the purpose of determining proper amount of lead).

Maybe you could try one of the shallow inshore wrecks, like the Indra, Markham, or Hyde. They take new divers out to those.

(I know you're not a new diver - I'm just saying they would be easy dives.)

Good advise DukeAMO, thanks.

Looks like I will be hooking up with Discovery Scuba, out of Beaufort, NC, for a trip to Radio Island to do my check-outs on the 8th or 9th of Sept.
Thanks for the advice/info and safe diving to all, Rob.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom