Morehead City, NC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been out there twice in the past 2 years. I can't say enough good things Capt. Terry and The Outrageous V out of Discovery Diving!

As to where to go...where ever Capt. Terry takes you. He can pick them!

+1 on Discovery wit Capt Terry or Capt Leroy. Always have good luck with them and Olympus.

Dove with Olympus last year, they have three boats two larger and a six pack. They are great lots of history they even have the deck gun from the U352 on their dock.

good luck

I'll put a second in for Capt. Al with Atlatic Beach Diving. Great operation and a nice big boat with lots of room. Al's boat could easily handle 12 divers, but he maintains it as a six pack.

My group usually dives off of Atlantis IV ("The Pink Boat") out of Atlantic Beach. It's a 6-pack with a lot of room including bunks for taking a nap (the only way I can really avoid sea sickness).

We dove the Aeolus twice last week - lots of sand tigers that hang out in an aft compartment. On the Caribsea I lost count of the sharks that were in my field of view after 10. My guess is there were 15. We were very fortunate to have perfect weather and 2 days where the ocean was more like a lake (very flat). We were blown out on Wed, but it was a great day for the beach.

Hi all,
Newbie here on Scubaboard.
I would like to do some wreck diving here in North Carolina soon. All of my previous dive experience has been in the central and southern Philippines.
Mostly dived in board shorts or skins there, water temps run about 79-82 degrees. Also, used IST Jets, and now Hollis F1's for fins due to the stronger currents often encountered.
Could anyone suggest the appropriate exposure suit thickness for diving the wrecks? Also, while I think my F1's are fine to dive just about anywhere, would anyone have any advise or recommendations on fins for the outer banks? Lastly, my gear is all new now and I need to get a check out dive or two on it before going on the charters. Any suggestions who to see or where to dive for that.
Greatly appreciate any help/advise.

Thank, Rob

Hi all,
Newbie here on Scubaboard.
I would like to do some wreck diving here in North Carolina soon. All of my previous dive experience has been in the central and southern Philippines.
Mostly dived in board shorts or skins there, water temps run about 79-82 degrees. Also, used IST Jets, and now Hollis F1's for fins due to the stronger currents often encountered.
Could anyone suggest the appropriate exposure suit thickness for diving the wrecks? Also, while I think my F1's are fine to dive just about anywhere, would anyone have any advise or recommendations on fins for the outer banks? Lastly, my gear is all new now and I need to get a check out dive or two on it before going on the charters. Any suggestions who to see or where to dive for that.
Greatly appreciate any help/advise.

Thank, Rob

3 mil should be fine right now. As it gets colder, 5 and 7 mil with hood.

Back
Top Bottom