more wetsuit questions for cape cod diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mfalco

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've talked to a bunch of local divers around here and they all seem to have different ideas about what I need for a wetsuit.

I'm contemplating a 7mm 2 piece (farmer john w/ a jumpsuit) or a 7mm semi dry.

Any comments will be appreciated. Keep in mind that I have very little body fat 5'6" 130 pounds.

7mm john/jacket or fullsuit/vest will do for many in the warmer months. I would not spend the money for a true semi-dry. Go straight to full dry.

Pete

mfalco:
I've talked to a bunch of local divers around here and they all seem to have different ideas about what I need for a wet suit.

I'm contemplating a 7mm 2 piece (farmer john w/ a jumpsuit) or a 7mm semi dry.

Any comments will be appreciated. Keep in mind that I have very little body fat 5'6" 130 pounds.

Another option might be a full jump suit with a shorty over it. I got a custom Rubatex wet suit suit last year and got the jump suit with a 5 MM shorty to go over it.

When I don't need as much warmth I can wear the jump suit without the shorty.
I can also wear the shorty without the jump suit for pool sessions or over my 3 mm jump suit for a little more core body warmth.

I am your height but unfortunately much heavier. I am trying to get down to 155 pounds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom