Moray Eels, Lionfish and Odd Behavior

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all,

We just got from a trip to Roatan we stayed at Turquoise Bay and did all of our diving with Subway Watersports. I specifically requested a Lionfish Hunts . We killed quit a few lionfish those days the ones that were too small to eat where killed on the spear and dropped. So whatever lucky critter found it first was the one who got the free snack. I am also a DM and I think that this is a good practice in preserving the reef. Granted there are some fish that are smart enough to see the yellow spears and watched us very closely to see if there was a freebie for them, However, their kept distance. I got two stings on the same hand on the same dive, trying to get put Lionfish in the catch bag I will revisit that issue for the next trip. I have to say it made the Lionfish that much more tasty. I was hoping to get in on the derby but there were not enough spears on the island. The Derby will be for another trip even if I have to send spears through the mail.

Back
Top Bottom